Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
Dusthawk

Reged: 11/22/08
Loc: Bethel Island, California
PPC6800 Mogul
      #32048 - 12/05/08 05:06 PM

Well, I received my Mogul earlier this week and am very happy with it for the most part. I do have a couple of issues to inquire about. First, is the USB Synch cable proprietary to HTC required to synch my phone with my computer? I have plenty of USB cables here and while my phone with charge, it is not recognized by windows.

Secondly, are there known issues with the vibrate function not turning off? It has happened twice so far, I have had to completely turn the phone off before it would stop vibrating.

Thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: PPC6800 Mogul [Re: Dusthawk]
      #32059 - 12/05/08 10:44 PM

A standard USB to miniUSB cable will work. You'll need to download (free) MS ActiveSync 4.5 for XP or Windows Mobile Device Center for Vista to sync with the Mogul.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/help/synchronize/activesync45.mspx

I haven't experienced the vibrate issue, but I'd suggest Googling for it in case others have.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Dusthawk

Reged: 11/22/08
Loc: Bethel Island, California
Re: PPC6800 Mogul [Re: LisaG]
      #32060 - 12/06/08 03:02 AM

LisaG, YOU FREAKIN ROCK!!!!!!!!! Sorry, I spent several hours trying to get it to work from the disk, it didn't occur to me that there might be another version out there to try. Works beautifully. I installed and restarted my computer and plugged the Mogul in, and voila!!! Custom ringtones for all my friends thanks to the 2 Gig MicroSDcard, LMAO. And I didn't even need to copy them all to the phones ringtone folder. I don't plan on removing the MicroSD card so it shouldn't be a problem.

I think with a definitive success under my belt thanks to you, I will wait until tomorrow to investigate the vibrate feature, lol.

L8R!!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3021

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage