General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Missing Sync 2.0 for BlackBerry is released
      #32592 - 02/09/09 07:32 PM

Mac users who don't rely on PocketMac software to sync their BlackBerry and instead use Missing Sync for BlackBerry, there's a new version just out. Missing Sync for BlackBerry 2.0 works with RIM BlackBerry devices running OS 4.2 and higher and Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later and Mac OS X10.5.6 Leopard or later.

Features include syncing with iCal and Address Book for calendar, tasks and appointments, syncing notes with Mark/Space Notebook, Entourage syncing, folder sync, sync iTunes playlists syncing and iPhoto syncing.

New features include Bluetooth syncing with automatic proximity syncing with the BlackBerry and Mac are in Bluetooth range, video syncing, iTunes playlist syncing with album art transfer and archiving of text messages and call logs.

The full price is $39.95 and the upgrade price is $29.95. If you purchased the old version 1.0.3 in the last few weeks, the upgrade is free.

We're going to give it a try now and will info to this thread.

Check out Missing Sync for BlackBerry 2.0 here: http://www.markspace.com/products/blackberry/blackberry-sync-mac-software.html

-

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Missing Sync 2.0 for BlackBerry is released [Re: LisaG]
      #32594 - 02/09/09 08:29 PM

So far, mostly good. Syncing my Bold is much quicker with 2.0 of Missing Sync compared to 1.0.3. I had to set Missing Sync to overwrite device contacts for the first sync since it failed during an initial 2-way sync. Thereafter all was fine. iCal syncing worked fine along with tasks and Mark/Space Notebook.

Still haven't tried iTunes syncing yet. SMS syncing failed with an "unknown database error", will have to twiddle with that. Bluetooth syncing worked fine with my Mac Pro, including proximity syncing (you can set the sync interval anywhere from an overzealous 1 minute up to 8 hours or disable it if you wish).

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Edited by LisaG (02/09/09 09:55 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 41 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5414

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage