MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
QueenJenna

Reged: 03/09/09
Samsung Epix vs Blackjack II
      #32848 - 03/09/09 11:33 AM

I have an excel sheet and word doc that I use several times a week. I currently store them on a USB Flash drive that I pop into whatever computer I am at. When I went to look for a new smartphone, I asked if anything had the functionality of editing Microsoft documents and was happy to learn of the Epix. The more I thought about it, I was wondering, if I wanted to edit one of the docs on a pc instead of the phone, how would I do that? Would I have to eject the micro memory, put it into a usb housing and then stick it into my pc? Can you possibly send the file via Bluetooth? Is there another way if the pc doesn't have Bluetooth? I also store PDF docs. Would I be able to look at these? Or, at least store them on the same memory device? While searching for this info, I saw that the Blackjack II is a step below and thought, why go through all the above hassle? The BJII still syncs with Outlook, etc, right? I am sooooo confused! Any help would be great!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Samsung Epix vs Blackjack II [Re: QueenJenna]
      #32852 - 03/09/09 04:49 PM

Yes, you could use a microSD card in the Epix and put it in a card reader to use with a PC. Or you could send the file back and forth via Bluetooth if the PC has Bluetooth. The Epix can display PDFs as well.

The BlackJack II runs a somewhat different version of Windows Mobile-- the version for non-touch screen devices. It has a slower CPU and the built-in MS Office suite has fewer features (the non-touch screen Windows Mobile phones are designed for viewing docs while the touch screen Windows Mobile ones are intended for folks who want to create and edit Office docs).

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3409

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage