MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1

Reged: 03/09/09
Samsung Epix vs Blackjack II
      #32848 - 03/09/09 04:33 PM

I have an excel sheet and word doc that I use several times a week. I currently store them on a USB Flash drive that I pop into whatever computer I am at. When I went to look for a new smartphone, I asked if anything had the functionality of editing Microsoft documents and was happy to learn of the Epix. The more I thought about it, I was wondering, if I wanted to edit one of the docs on a pc instead of the phone, how would I do that? Would I have to eject the micro memory, put it into a usb housing and then stick it into my pc? Can you possibly send the file via Bluetooth? Is there another way if the pc doesn't have Bluetooth? I also store PDF docs. Would I be able to look at these? Or, at least store them on the same memory device? While searching for this info, I saw that the Blackjack II is a step below and thought, why go through all the above hassle? The BJII still syncs with Outlook, etc, right? I am sooooo confused! Any help would be great!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Samsung Epix vs Blackjack II [Re: QueenJenna]
      #32852 - 03/09/09 09:49 PM

Yes, you could use a microSD card in the Epix and put it in a card reader to use with a PC. Or you could send the file back and forth via Bluetooth if the PC has Bluetooth. The Epix can display PDFs as well.

The BlackJack II runs a somewhat different version of Windows Mobile-- the version for non-touch screen devices. It has a slower CPU and the built-in MS Office suite has fewer features (the non-touch screen Windows Mobile phones are designed for viewing docs while the touch screen Windows Mobile ones are intended for folks who want to create and edit Office docs).

Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3831

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at | Privacy statement Go to homepage