Sprint has launched the Motorola i580 all-weather flip phone with Direct Connect PTT feature. Here is more info on this new Motorola phone from Sprint:
Motorola i580 is an important device for those that need a ruggedized, all-weather device, and now it is available in a highly visible yellow. This important addition to the Sprint handset lineup adds another dimension for Nextel Direct Connect customers. This rugged clam shell design is certified to Military Standard 810 F, and performs in extreme outdoor environments and stands up to dusty environments, drops, exposure to vibration from heavy machinery use and hot/cold climates. Motorola i580 include rubber encasing, interior linings and seals protect the phone?s antenna, speakerphone, keys, battery door and accessory connections against water intrusion.
NEXTEL DIRECT CONNECT:
* Direct Connect ? Instant, one-to-one push-to-talk communication nationwide with any other Nextel1 Direct Connect subscriber.
* Group Connect ? Communicate or coordinate activities with up to 20 other Nextel Direct Connect subscribers all at once ? nationwide. Create and manage groups dynamically on your phone.
* International Direct Connect ? International Direct Connect Calling lets you instantly connect from the U.S. to users in other eligible countries including Canada and Mexico. In addition, International Direct Connect Roaming lets you make and receive push-to-talk calls while travelling in those countries.
* Direct Talk ? The all-digital off-network push-to-talk service that works anywhere, anytime between compatible phones for short-range communications (range will vary based on terrain and conditions and in-building performance). Direct Talk is a reliable back-up communications tool in times of emergency, network outage, or when working in or travelling to remote areas where coverage is not available.
* Direct Send ? Send pictures or contact information to other Direct Send-capable phones?with a quick push of the button!
* NextMail ? Send voice messages to any email address anywhere using your Direct Connect button! NextMail lets you communicate with others via email on the go without typing. You can also incorporate NextMail into your daily operations to document and track activity; even use customizable subject lines to prioritize, sort and file critical communications.
* Rugged Construction: Certified to Military Standard 810 F for dust, shock, vibration, temperature extremes, low pressure and solar radiation. Performs in extreme outdoor environments and stands up to dusty environments, drops, exposure to vibration from heavy machinery use and hot/cold climates.
* Rain Resistant: Certified to Military Standard 810 F for blowing rain, humidity, and salt fog. Designed to withstand exposure to rain, sleet and snow. Rubber encasing, interior linings and seals protect the phone?s antenna, speakerphone, keys, battery door and accessory connections against water intrusion.
* Expandable Memory: Images, video and music are conveniently stored with up to 1 GB of optional removable memory
* Camera: 1.3 megapixel camera with video capabilities
* Multimedia Messaging Service: Send or receive Multimedia Messages (either audio, images, text, or all three in the same message) to or from email addresses and other capable users1. You can even wirelessly store multimedia on the Sprint web site.
* GPS Navigation: Features embedded Global Positioning System (GPS) chip necessary for utilizing the E911 emergency location services where available, and receiving audible and visual turn-by-turn driving directions, mapping your location, or conducting local searches direct from your handset.
* Java Applications: Run pre-loaded applications include TeleNav, Accuweather, Photoshare, IKTV and Mobile Email Enhanced.
* Bluetooth: Enables hands-free, short-range wireless communication using a Bluetooth headset and wireless uploading/downloading to or from a computer.
* Form factor: Rugged, all-weather flip phone with external display
* Network: iDEN 800/900 MHz for Nextel Direct Connect1, interconnect and data
* Dimensions: 3.8? x 2.2? x 1.1?
* Weight: 5.1 ounces
* Internal Display: 1.9,? 262k color, 176 x 220 pixels
* External Display: white STN, 96 x 32 pixels
* Battery Specifications: BT 60 Standard (High Capacity) Li-Ion Battery (1130 mAh) & Extended (Maximum Capacity) Li-Ion Battery (1640 mAh)
* Operating System: Motorola ROS
* Talk Time: 200 minutes for BT 60 Standard Battery
For more info visit www.sprint.com
To read our latest phone reviews please visit:
LG Versa for Verizon
Samsung Memoir for T-Mobile
Pantech Matrix Pro C820
T-Mobile Shaddow 2 Windows Mobile Smartphone
BlackBerry Curve 8900 Smartphones
Nokia 7510 for T-Mobile
Nokia N96, N85 and N79 Smartphones
More News. . .
1 registered and 1460 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
Moderator: Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Topic views: 4923
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5