Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> Toshiba Pocket PC

Pages: 1
LisaG
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: compare Toshiba 335 to HP 1910 [Re: ]
      #3376 - 01/14/03 12:22 PM

The iPAQ is smaller and perhaps more attractive, though the e335 is darned slim and light.
The screen on the iPAQ 1910 really smokes the e335 since it's a transflective display. If you want to show pictures on your PDA, this is a big selling point. I'd lean towards the iPAQ for basic use plus image viewing.

If you think you'll grow into a power user, the e335 does have a faster processor and the SD slot supports SDIO while the iPAQ 1910 doesn't. This means that you can use SD Bluetooth cards as well as SD WiFi cards once they become available. But again, photos won't look nearly as good on the e335.

quote:
Originally posted by <Alan>:
How would you compare the Toshiba 335 to the new HP Ipaq 1910, which are about the same price for a user that just needs the basics and wants to show pictures on the PDA.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaG
Head Honcho

#3378 - 03/11/03 12:03 PM

Our contact at Toshiba said the e330/e335 support SDIO. Hence our review states that the model does support SDIO. He probably knows more than some customer service reps who aren't always well trained on PDAs. On Toshiba's website, they do list the SD Bluetooth card as an accessory for the e330, so it'd seem that they believe it does support SDIO!

Other than the Toshiba SD BT card (which only works on Toshibas) there aren't any PPC-friendly SDIO cards on the market. This makes it hard for reviewers to verify manufacturer's claims about the slot, let alone differentiate products based on an un-testable feature. Guess we'll just have to believe them for now, and keep waiting for those ever-delayed SD WiFi and BT cards from folks like Socket and SanDisk [Razz] .

--------------------
Lisa Gade

LisaG
Head Honcho

#3380 - 03/19/03 02:30 PM

It's becoming increasingly common for PDAs to ship with only USB connections now that USB has been out for ~5 years. That does make it hard on those who have only serial ports.

quote:
Originally posted by <No more HP>:
Why did HP build these so only an usb cable connection will sync? Even the IR sync requires a link with the usb cable first. None of the HP serial connection cables for other Ipaqs will work with the 1910 and aftermarket want sync either, I tried.

We have 2200 computers in my city goverment, none have USB ports.

HP was short sighted to do this. I want buy another HP product.

Get the Toshiba I AM.

--------------------
Lisa Gade

Rudy

Reged: 12/20/02
Loc: atlanta, GA
Re: compare Toshiba 335 to HP 1910 [Re: LisaG]
      #3381 - 04/16/03 07:36 PM

Lisa, the iPaq 1910 is the first that I've seen which offer a replaceable battery, is this true? I saw it advertised at wwww.besbtbuy.com for around $50.
Most other PDA requires you to ship it back to the manufacturer when the battery is dead.
Can you get a modem for this?
Thanks

LisaG
Head Honcho

Re: compare Toshiba 335 to HP 1910 [Re: Rudy]
      #3382 - 04/17/03 08:47 AM

Yes it's true that the 1910 has a replaceable battery, and the battery costs around $50.

There are several other models that have replaceeable batteries now, with the 1910 and the Dell Axim X5 being the cheapest ones with the feature.

--------------------
Lisa Gade

Tong Zhang
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Re: compare Toshiba 335 to HP 1910 [Re: LisaG]
      #3383 - 04/17/03 09:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Rudy:
Lisa, the iPaq 1910 is the first that I've seen which offer a replaceable battery, is this true? I saw it advertised at wwww.besbtbuy.com for around $50.
Most other PDA requires you to ship it back to the manufacturer when the battery is dead.
Can you get a modem for this?
Thanks

Actually, more and more new units are coming out with replaceable batteries. The both new iPAQs-h5450 and h1910, new Toshiba e750, as well as Dell Axim all have user replaceable batteries. Let's hope this trend continues [Smile]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6785

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage