Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
angelicman

Reged: 08/01/08
Loc: California
Blackberry
      #33830 - 07/31/09 06:13 AM

I am curious what make Blackberry's sale competitive. Its only 3g device is the Bold, or am I wrong on this?. Its outstanding strength is only messaging (email). Most of its phone are bulky and thick. Only recently it has phones that offer both GPS and Wifi (correct me if I am wrong). My feminine part of me must have visited me this morning as I am very curious. Aren't you also puzzled by it?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Blackberry [Re: angelicman]
      #33841 - 07/31/09 03:08 PM

Starting with the BlackBerry 8800, RIM has made some fairly thin, sexy looking devices. I'd have to say the Bold is really nice looking (gotta love that leather back), the BB 8900 looks nice and is slim and the BB Tour on Verion and Sprint is likewise a good looking, non-clunky piece. Then there's the BlackBerry Pearl series which are good looking and quite small (and were well-adopted by folks who'd never owned a BB before).

The Bold is currently the only *US* 3G device on GSM networks. The Storm works on Euro 3G for GSM networks as well as CDMA 3G (EVDO), and there are several EVDO 3G 'berries on Sprint and Verizon. RIM was just slow to market with 3G on GSM networks.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

britney

Reged: 08/03/09
Re: Blackberry [Re: LisaG]
      #33858 - 08/03/09 06:35 AM

Hi,

Don't know if this is the right place to post this but I have a problem with my BB messenger. I used it for a while and now it doesn't work anymore. I mean I can receive messages but mine don't get through. Does anyone have any clue what settings I need to check? Thanks!

Edited by sammy (08/10/09 09:45 AM)

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Blackberry [Re: britney]
      #33862 - 08/03/09 09:51 AM

Have you tried shutting it down and taking the battery out for 2 minutes? Sometimes that fixes it. Which messages don't get through-- BB PIN, SMS or emails?

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

britney

Reged: 08/03/09
Re: Blackberry [Re: LisaG]
      #33955 - 08/10/09 06:06 AM

Thanks a lot for the tip! BBPIN didn't get through. I did what you suggested and I hope it's going to work. Never thought of that before. I mean I did shut it down but didn't take the battery out. We'll see what happens.

Thanks!

Edited by sammy (08/10/09 09:44 AM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4267

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage