Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
martel47

Reged: 01/05/10
Samsung Flight sgh-a797
      #35563 - 01/05/10 09:02 AM

Help please!

I don't want to pay for a data plan that I will use very seldom, so I thought I'd found a bargain in the Flight. I wanted it to make great calls and be good for texting, two functions it excels at, but I also wanted it to sync contacts and calendars with my PC. It does not. Please note that your review on this site seems to be based on marketing and promotional materials that are inaccurate. There is no USB support for this phone, as Samsung has admitted in e-mails to me. The included disk lists "USB drivers" but the only file on the disk is a flash player file that links to the samsung website, which only has a user's manual for this phone. A manual, by the way, that mentions syncing the phone via USB cable and Samsung PC Studio (which samsung has not created for this phone).

If anyone here could help me with getting this phone connected, I'd greatly appreciate it. After 12.5 hours I got my home computer to recognize it as a mass storage device, but I still cannot get my laptop to do so. Both are running Win XP and I've used the same steps that seemed to work on the one without success. Even without syncing contacts and calendars, if I could transfer media files I'd probably be happy enough to keep this phone.

Thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Samsung Flight sgh-a797 [Re: martel47]
      #35618 - 01/07/10 01:12 PM

Samsung usually releases the USB driver with the phone or shortly after the phone hits the market. The PC Studio is usually the same version for all phones. The difference is the driver for that particular phone.

I just looked at Samsung support site and was surprised to see the software still wasn't available. The next best thing might just be using another device's version. Pick something new made by Samsung as the driver might be either the same or very similar. I'd try the download for Solstice or Mythic.

Please let us know if this works. If it doesn't. I will try to write to Samsung and get you the software.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4214

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage