MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
jiholl

Reged: 03/30/06
Bold 9650 Verizon or Droid 2
      #38286 - 08/20/10 05:47 PM

Hi...I value your opinion...:) I have a Bold 9650 on Verizon. i am still in my 30 dy exchange period. I am actually very happy with the Bold in terms of call quality, ease of texting, etc...but..hmmm...I can't help feeling that I am "missing out" by not getting something "newer/hotter" like Droid 2. For example, viewing photos on the BB is not great with small screen. Call Quality, Reception, Battery Life are probably the most important to me...but this phone craving has become something of a hobby. So I kind of feel like with the blackberry I am going with outdated tech...basically solid but boring. so, I guess question is if you had to choose between Bold 9650 or Droid 2, and call quality, reception, battery life were your main concerns...which would you choose? Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Bold 9650 Verizon or Droid 2 [Re: jiholl]
      #38287 - 08/20/10 08:50 PM

I can certainly understand the temptation of wanting something new and hot, and the allure of a high end Android phone. But for battery life, the Bold 9650 definitely wins. Moto's Droid phones, including the Droid 2, have excellent reception on Verizon; in fact a tad better than the Bold's, while call quality is better on the Bold (but the Droid 2 isn't bad, just sounds a bit digitized).

For your 3 criteria, I'd give an edge to the Bold, but the Droid 2 is a pretty decent competitor other than battery life.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3021

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage