MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
Trish

Reged: 08/26/10
Smartphone or another PDA?
      #38333 - 08/26/10 11:29 AM

My Tungsten E2 PDA just died. I'm on the verge of upgrading to a smartphone. PDAs are getting harder and harder to find. I don't need all the internet functions that come with a smart phone but I want to be able to transfer all my data from Palm OS to whichever OS the new smartphone uses. Is there something between a smartphone and a PDA? I'm already using Verizon and would be adding this phone to my plan.

Any advice?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Smartphone or another PDA? [Re: Trish]
      #38336 - 08/26/10 05:31 PM

You're right, standalone PDAs are hard to come by these days. The only ones left are the HP iPAQ models running Windows Mobile. There really isn't something in between a PDA and a smartphone, especially if you're looking for desktop syncing.

Keep in mind that Verizon requires a data plan with smartphones, so your monthly bill will go up, assuming you don't have a data plan with your current phone.

Do you use Windows or a Mac? If you're syncing your Tungsten E2 to Outlook, then you can sync with Windows Mobile smartphones (or the iPAQ line of PDAs I mentioned). You can sync the Palm Pre Plus to Outlook, but it requires separately purchased software. If you weren't using Outlook, there are also sync converters that can move your data from Palm Desktop to Outlook.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2933

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage