General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Notebook review: Toshiba Libretto W105 with dual touch screens
      #38495 - 09/13/10 01:17 PM

Who says Toshiba makes boring, mainstream notebooks? The Libretto W100 is a cross between a UMPC and a notebook. The small 8 x 4.8 inch computer weighs 1.8lbs. and can easily fit in a small bag. In fact, iit makes netbooks look large. But that's not all: the Libretto features dual 7" capacitive touch screens, complete with a virtual keyboard and mouse pad that run in the bottom display. For now, this is the closest we've come to Microsoft's Courier concept, and Toshiba made it happen in limited edition for their 25th anniversary. The Libretto runs Windows 7 on a 1.2GHz Intel Pentium dual core CPU and it has 2 gigs of RAM and a 62 gig SSD drive. WiFi 802.11b/gn and Bluetooth are on board but there's no 3G.

Read our Toshiba Libretto W105 review.

-

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
heatlesssun

Reged: 04/12/06
Re: Notebook review: Toshiba Libretto W105 with dual touch screens [Re: LisaG]
      #38501 - 09/14/10 01:32 AM

Thanks for the great review! I have the W100, the Japanese version and I love it! This really is a much nicer device overall than I thought it would be. One cool thing about this version over the W105 is the inclusion of a WiMax radio. I signed up for Sprint's 4G just service and it's amazing how much faster it is compared to my Verizon 3G service, it makes this device a truly FULL web browser, now I'm hooked. I've got 3G on my tm2 and don't wan't to give it up but may have to though 3G is far better deployed nationally at the moment.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 113 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3778

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage