Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
iPhone Case Review: iChair for iPhone 4 for Both AT&T and Verizon
      #40036 - 02/22/11 06:30 PM

iChair for iPhone 4 (ATT and Verizon)
Reviewed by Tom Slayton

Editor's Ratings (1-5): 4

What's Hot: Hinged iChair on the back portion of the case allows your iPhone to stand in either the vertical or horizontal position. Comes complete with a screen protector and a spare slider (top portion of the case) in either blue or white.

What's Not: Does not accommodate all 3rd party headphones.

Overview

The iChair provides basic bump and scuff protection for your iPhone 4. Its claim to fame, however, and the thing that sets it apart from its competition, is the inclusion of a hinged tab that can be snapped-out to stand your phone in both vertical and horizontal orientations.

Size and Fit

When I first unboxed the case, I was concerned by how easily the two pieces came apart. My fears were groundless, however, as the soft, rubberized interior of the case grips the glass back of your iPhone tightly without marking it. Try as I might, I couldn?t get the pieces to come apart without applying intentional and firm pressure to both pieces. This clever industrial design is far superior to relying on nubs and ridges on the case pieces as these can easily fail after being worn down with use. The iChair, of course, provides all the usual cutouts, giving full access to ports and controls.

Features and Quality

The iChair has a great feel of quality to it. The rubberized exterior makes it comfortable to hold and doesn?t feel slippery when your hand sweats. Its greatest feature, however, is the hinged iChair that is incorporated into the back of the case. It pops out with the flick of a finger and supports your iPhone in either orientation. If, like me, you?ve found yourself looking for something to lean your phone against while you work, watch a movie, or utilize the facetime feature, this is the case for you. There are a number of holsters on the market that can double as kickstands, however, iChair is the only one with hinged stand. This is important as a simple flap of plastic will eventually break with use. I worked the iChair kickstand back and forth relentlessly and it never loosened or failed. The only thing that prevents me from giving this case a perfect score is the fact that it is not compatible with all 3rd party headphones. The cutout is simply too narrow to accommodate the beefier headphone jacks.

Style

The black, non-textured exterior of the iChair is not especially stylish. However, the manufacturer generously allows you to select a second slider (top portion) in either blue or white. Obviously, having the full case available in a variety of colors would be preferable, however, this is a nice gesture and may satisfy those who feel the need to express their individuality.

Summary

The iChair for iPhone 4 is a well-engineered case that incorporates a kickstand allowing you to stand your phone in either the vertical or horizontal orientation. It is unique in this regard, and the feature works quite well. The case fits the phone snugly, and the workmanship is top-notch. The narrow opening for the headphone port, however, prevents some 3rd party headphones from working. Overall, the iChair is a well-made and cleverly designed case for your AT&T or Verizon iPhone.

Price: $34.00 (Free shipping from the manufacturer)
Web site: http://www.goichair.com/products/ichair-iphone4-case

-----------------------------------------------------

Check out our iPod and iPhone product reviews:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPod.htm

-----
MTR News

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 66 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 8968

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage