General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Sony Announces VAIO S Series with Intel Sandy Bridge Core CPUs
      #40134 - 03/07/11 09:44 AM

Sony today announced the VAIO S Series laptop featuring the second generation Intel Core i5 and Core i7 processor coupled with Hybrid Graphics as well as dual channel solid state drive options. The VAIO S series laptops are 1" thin with 13.3" screen that has long battery runtimes. Here is more info on the new VAIO S series notebooks:

Select S Series models sport a premium and elegant design in black or white with magnesium and aluminum materials, and all of them incorporate a built-in lithium polymer battery that when coupled with the all new and advanced large-capacity optional sheet battery, you can stay mobile and unplugged for up to 15 hours. Intelligent charging enables you to charge the optional sheet battery separately and attach it to the system without shutting down for maximum flexibility.

In addition to the second generation Intel Core i7 and Core i5 processors with Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, the VAIO S also offers AMD Radeon HD 6630 1GB Hybrid Graphics card (select models). And on select models you can get dual channel solid state drive with RAID 0 technology.

All models incorporate backlit keyboards, built-in web camera powered by an ?Exmor? sensor with the built-in microphone and face tracking technology. The VAIO S Series also offers Blu-ray Disc drive option on select models, and all models have Intel Wireless Display 2.0 technology that allows you to view and share content from your hard drive, home network or the internet wirelessly on your HDTV via an adapter (sold separately).

Pricing and Availability

The VAIO S Series laptops are available for pre-sale today at www.sonystyle.com/sseries starting for around $970, and the optional sheet battery for around $150.

-----------------------------------------------------

Check out our latest notebook and tablet reviews:

Motorola Xoom
HP Pavilion dm1z
Lenovo IdeaPad Y560P
Lenovo IdeaPad U260
Samsung Galaxy Tab
Toshiba Libretto W105
Toshiba Portege R705
Sony VAIO P 2010 second Gen
Apple MacBook 2010 White Unibody

More News. . .

-----
MTR News

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 156 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3006

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage