Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
iPhone 4 Case Review: Dry Case
      #40474 - 04/18/11 03:13 PM

iPhone 4 Case Review: Dry Case for Cell Phones and Portable Electronic Devices
Reviewed by Tom Slayton

Editor's Ratings (1-5): 5

What's Hot: When used properly this case will keep your device bone-dry up to 100 feet underwater. Devices with touch screens will still be accessible through the case. Supports headphones via an included connector cable.

What's Not: Not practical for regular every day use.

The Dry Case does exactly what it claims; keep your device dry, even when completely submerged (up to 100 feet). It will give you full access to buttons and touch screens while in-use, and even allows the use of headphones. Waterproof headphones are required for underwater use, however, and are recommended in any environment wet enough to require this type of case.

Size and Fit

The dry case is large enough to accommodate most cell phones and some point/shoot cameras. The secret to its success is the special valve that is used to remove all of the air from inside the case. According to the manufacturer, once you do this, it is impossible for moisture to enter the case, and my experience with it supports this. First, I inserted a dry sponge and left it submerged overnight; it came out exactly as it went it. After that, I went swimming with my phone and found that, not only did it keep it dry; the touch screen was also functional through the flexible case material. I didn?t have the opportunity to dive with it but if you are careful about removing all of the air first, there should be nothing for the water to displace, which should prevent any from getting in (theoretically). Don?t go too deep, though. For those who just want to snorkel or swim with the Dry Case, it comes with a neoprene arm strap, which thankfully floats.

Features and Quality

The Dry Case screams quality. From the heavy duty clasp to the extremely substantial arm band, you can tell that a great deal of care went into designing and assembling it. One extremely nice touch is the inclusion of a connector cable that gives you access to the headphone jack, even underwater. Be sure to use waterproof headphones, though. Just because the external jack is waterproof, it doesn?t mean that your headphones are.

Summary

The Dry Case provides ultimate moisture protection for your electronic device. Make no mistake; this is not just a reinforced baggie. It is carefully designed, constructed, and tested to make sure that your things stay dry, even when you?re not.

Price: $39.99
Web site: Dry Case

---------------------------------------------------

Buy it from Amazon

-----------------------------------------------------

Check out our iPhone and iPod product reviews:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPod.htm

-----------------------------------------------------

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 101 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 8395

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage