Verizon Wireless and Samsung Mobile today announced the rugged Samsung Convoy 2 is available online at www.verizonwireless.com and will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores in the coming weeks. The push to talk phone features a 3.2 megapixel camera, Bluetooth 2.1, a microSD card slot and Verizon V CAST apps and VZ Navigator. Here is more info on this upcoming Samsung flip phone from Verizon:
- Meets Military Specifications 810F standards for shock, low pressure (altitude), low and high temperature, temperature shock, solar radiation, salt fog, humidity, vibration, sand and dust - Push to Talk?capable for fast two-way communication - Copy and paste feature for text entry - Enhanced apps storefront with shopping cart, recommendations, search features and more - Mobile Email app to send and receive email with text and picture attachments and search through contacts - Search contents in calendar, contacts, recent calls, messages, menu and multimedia with the phone search feature - Social networking feature to update statuses on social networks such as Facebook, MySpace and Twitter
- VZ Navigator capable ? receive audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest and share the directions with others - V CAST Video capable - Bluetooth version 2.1 capabilities support for headset (mono and stereo), hands-free, dial-up networking, serial port, object push (vCard and iCalendar only), basic image, basic printing and phonebook access - Full suite of messaging options, including text, picture, video and voice messaging and mobile instant messaging - HTML Web browser - Personal organizer with calendar, tip calculator, currency converter, notepad, alarm clock, world clock and stop watch - Stereo speakers - Dual microphones with noise cancellation technology - microSD card slot with support for up to 32 GB - 3.2-megapixel camera with flash
Pricing and data plans:
- The Samsung Convoy 2 is available for $79.99 after a $50 mail in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- Verizon Wireless customers can add unlimited Push to Talk for $5 per month, per line to any qualifying nationwide voice plan.
- Samsung Convoy 2 customers will be able to try the Mobile Email app for 10 uses at no additional charge. Customers will be given the option to subscribe to Mobile Email for $5 monthly access after the tenth use.
For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com