MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
blackcatbone

Reged: 11/23/11
Pen tablet
      #41705 - 11/24/11 08:46 PM

Need some recommendations of which pen tablet to purchase, am looking for a good reliable unit to use with my laptop. Any suggestions are welcome.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
hcart

Reged: 11/17/11
Re: Pen tablet [Re: blackcatbone]
      #41707 - 11/25/11 07:01 AM

Currently there are many different brands offering many different types of pen tablets, there are choices for a beginner(casual user) to a graphic designer.But when I think of pen tablets name of 2 companies pop up in my mind one is wacom and the other is genius.Both the companies have pen tablets with a good response time and mostly have a default value of 1024-level pressure sensitivity for all shapes and thickness control.Wacom pen tablets are on a costlier side but they are well built and sturdy.Genius also has a good quality in its products in general.So if you are a casual user then go for wacom CTK series preferably CTK-470 which is small and easy to fit on a table or in Genius you can purchase EasyPen i405.If you are an Intensive user/Graphic Designer you can go for INTUOS series of pen tablets by wacom and in genius you have G-Pen M712X but here I think the INTUOS series of pen tablets by wacom are better and much more customizable when compared with Genius.

While this might have already answered your question.If you are still in a dilemma let me know the specific purpose for which you will be using the pen tablet and I can suggest you some specific models which might fulfill your needs.
keep posting

Edited by hcart (11/25/11 07:07 AM)

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Pen tablet [Re: hcart]
      #41709 - 11/25/11 11:59 PM

I personally use a Wacom Intuos 4 and have found it good in terms of drivers, compatability and pressure sensitivity for drawing and painting.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

blackcatbone

Reged: 11/23/11
Re: Pen tablet [Re: hcart]
      #41812 - 12/10/11 08:23 PM

I have noticed some tablets that use just paper, could you provide details on something such as this, pros and cons please. Can regular note book paper, typing paper be used with these kind? Also, can you notes be saved to your PC?

Edited by blackcatbone (12/10/11 08:24 PM)

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Pen tablet [Re: blackcatbone]
      #41833 - 12/14/11 08:30 PM

I've never used one of those, sorry.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3593

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage