MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
colobowl

Reged: 01/05/12
Which new tablet to buy?
      #41945 - 01/06/12 04:31 PM

I have been looking around now for a few months at tablets but I can't determine which one would be best for my needs. I want to use the tablet for taking notes with stylus or digitizer pen, games, and media. I have been looking at the Asus Transformer prime because of its faster processor but it doesn't have a pen for it. Does a capacitive stylus work well on the transformer prime? Also I have looked at windows tablets like the asus eee pad slate but I am not sure whether windows or android is the way to go for a tablet. What tablets do you think would most fit my needs for notes and speed for games and media?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Which new tablet to buy? [Re: colobowl]
      #41947 - 01/06/12 08:40 PM

Honestly, a capacitive stylus isn't very precise and it doesn't track very well (long lines as in sketching are often broken). I'd consider a tablet with a dual digitizer that comes with a pen like the Lenovo ThinkPad Android tablet, HTC Jetstream, Motorola Droid XYBoard or HTC Flyer (if you can find a Flyer). The Asus Eee Pad Slate Windows slate is great for digital pen use as is the Samsung Series 7 Slate we reviewed.

Windows is a good choice if you need to run Windows apps. If you don't need that, then Android is a good candidate.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2648

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage