MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
JT1093

Reged: 01/23/12
Need help on deciding Laptop
      #42073 - 01/26/12 11:33 PM

Hi MobileTech, I am an art and architecture student looking for a laptop that can use both AutoCAD, Revit, and the Adobe Suite simultaneously (probably having Photoshop and AutoCAD on at the same time). My budget is probably around $450-$550. A Mac is definitely out of the question because I dont like iOS. I looked around and saw the Samsung Series 3 for a pretty decent price. I was wondering what suggestions you have and if the Series 3 is still a viable option for art students running these programs.

Thank you!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Need help on deciding Laptop [Re: JT1093]
      #42078 - 01/27/12 10:06 AM

It's going to be hard to find a machine powerful enough to run AutoCA and Adobe CS simultaneously with decent speed in that price range (I'm assuming you're shopping new and not used). Generally folks who run those apps want dedicated graphics and cards with OpenGL acceleration, and dedicated graphics with any oomph are usually found in $1,000 laptops. You'd want an Intel Core i5 since the Core i3 would probably be laggy running both those apps/suites simultaneously.

The Samsung Series 3 has many models, but they do offer a Core i5 with Intel integrated graphics in your price range. Without dedicated graphics performance would be passable but not fast.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1591

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage