MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
rl55

Reged: 01/26/12
Re: Motorola Xyboard 10.1
      #42081 - 01/27/12 12:28 PM

I am looking for my first tablet. I am seriously considering the acer A200,except the necessity to use earphones(my opinion).You had given me the appropriate reply in an earlier post today regarding the weak speaker audio. But I am quite smitten with the Moto xyboard in wifi only.Your review and comparisons seem to validate my feelings. I love the design and display.I am not sure its worth 150 more than the acer. I have 2 questions for you. It appears that the ti 1.2 cpu is a newer and better performing cpu than the tegra 2?? Your comparisons seem to indicate as such. Secondly if I transfer photos from a usb flash drive do they go directly into the gallery ( similar to the acer a200), or do I have to hunt for them or use a file manager?I want simpicity, as I am not a techie.
As you mentioned your review of the moto,other reviewers are not as impressed with this tablet, as I have also read.I cannot understand why.My primary useage is emails,web surfing and play basic games in the home. Thank you in advance.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Motorola Xyboard 10.1 [Re: rl55]
      #42086 - 01/27/12 08:10 PM

I really (still) like the XYBoard 10.1. Yes, it has a newer and somewhat faster CPU that's noticeably better at playing HD video. If you insert a flash drive, images on the flash drive don't get pulled into Gallery, so you have to use a file manager to access them, which is a bummer. If you copy those images to internal storage, then they'll appear in Gallery. Acer wins points there since items on a flash drive appear in Gallery.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

rl55

Reged: 01/26/12
Re: Motorola Xyboard 10.1 [Re: LisaG]
      #42093 - 01/28/12 10:17 AM

Thank you again for your prompt input and clarifications.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2222

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage