General Discussions >> Accessories

Pages: 1
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: HP IPAQ 221x Accessories [Re: ]
      #4229 - 06/25/03 06:42 PM

Cases should be forthcoming. It usually takes about a month for case makers to get ones out for new models.
HP/Compaq accessories mostly work- cradles, chargers, keyboards and memory cards.
You can use any brand memory card you wish- it doesn't have to be iPAQ 2215 specific.
The screen is a standard PPC 3.5" display, so screen protectors for the iPAQ 1910 should work.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MikeV01

Reged: 06/27/03
Re: HP IPAQ 221x Accessories [Re: LisaG]
      #4251 - 06/27/03 12:15 PM

Thanks for the reply Lisa. Your review is what finally made up my mind to buy the 2215 for my wife and I. Except for a Rex, this is our first purchase of a PDA.

I purchased the HP keyboards with the 2215 - it looks like it would be useful ... was that a good decision? I have not opened the package yet.

I have been told that the best screen protectors are WriteShield?? I assume that any 3.5 screen protector will work? I bought the CompUSA two year total replacement coverage for $100 (hope that was not a mistake). The coverage comes with generic screen protectors which I assume are just that, generic.

What accessories are considered to be must have accessories and where should I buy them?

Thanks.

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Re: HP IPAQ 221x Accessories [Re: MikeV01]
      #4258 - 06/27/03 09:27 PM

Congrats, I think you guys will enjoy your new iPAQs.

If you mean the HP folding keyboard, I use that one too with the 2215 and it is an excellent choice.

I personally no longer use screen protectors, since the screens made in the last few years are very scratch-resistant, so I can't recommend a particular brand.

In terrms of other accessories, that depends what you want to do with your iPAQ. I use WiFi frequently, so I use the Socket CF WiFi card with their newly released PPC 2003 drivers. Other than that, you'll probably want a nicer case than the canvas one included with the unit. It'll probably take a month for those to come out from top case makers though. Check back as we'll either add them to our current case reviews or post an annoucement here.

--------------------
Lisa Gade

MikeV01

Reged: 06/27/03
Re: HP IPAQ 221x Accessories [Re: LisaG]
      #4259 - 06/27/03 09:56 PM

For PIM types of activites, will we need a SD or CF memory card? I anticipate installing utility types of programs (diet tracker, cross word puzzle, dictionary, and so on). I do not have a feel for how much the base system can hold in terms of programs and data.

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Re: HP IPAQ 221x Accessories [Re: MikeV01]
      #4262 - 06/28/03 01:22 PM

For PIM stuff and applications such as the ones you listed, you won't need a memory card. You've got about 27 megs to install stuff on, which is a good amount.
MP3s, high end games and videos take a lot of space, but not the things you list.

Quote:

For PIM types of activites, will we need a SD or CF memory card? I anticipate installing utility types of programs (diet tracker, cross word puzzle, dictionary, and so on). I do not have a feel for how much the base system can hold in terms of programs and data.

--------------------
Lisa Gade

Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
      #4301 - 07/02/03 02:27 PM

No, the h221x does not support sleeve. If you absolutely need to use the sleeves, wait for the h5xxx.

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

#4321 - 07/03/03 01:18 PM

The 2210 has no phone capabilities. You could add the Sprint 2031 CF card to get voice and data access on the iPAQ. That's reviewed here: http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/tips/sprint_2031CF.htm
While we haven't tested that card with the new PPC2003 models, others have said it works.

Quote:

can it be used as a phone as well????

--------------------
Lisa Gade

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, Tong Zhang, Jacob_Spindel, LisaG 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5918

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage