MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Screen Protector Review: Moshi iVisor XT for iPhone 4/4S, iPad 2, and the new iPad
      #42941 - 07/06/12 06:57 PM

Screen Protector Review: Moshi iVisor XT for iPhone 4/4S, iPad 2, and the new iPad

Editor's Ratings (1-5): 4

What's Hot: True idiot-proof, bubble-free installation. Provides near same level of friction/glide as Apple's Gorilla Glass.

What's Not: Pricier than most other screen protectors.

Reviewed by Tom Slayton

Moshi's iVisor XT is a high-quality screen protector for your iDevices. It installs literally in seconds, with no frustration and no bubbles.

Features and Quality

When it comes to screen protectors, I'm a skeptic. As soon as Apple (and others) started using Gorilla Glass (A super strong type of glass developed by Corning), I stopped using screen protectors, however, I know many, many people who still swear by them. If you are among the screen protector faithful, rejoice, for the wailing and gnashing of teeth that usually accompanies the installation of these things is a thing of the past thanks to Moshi's iVisor XT. Because it's not a soft silicone film but instead a rigid piece of thin plastic, bubbles can't form underneath it, and botched installations do not result in spikes in blood pressure. Just make sure the screen of your device is completely (and I mean completely) dust/lint free, peel the iVisor away from its protective backing, and slap it onto your iPhone/iPad. The bubble-free installation is particularly appreciated on the iPad, where the massive screen real estate often results in bubbles forming so far from the edges that you can never ever get rid of them.

Perhaps the greatest endorsement I can give the iVisor XT, however, is the fact that, after installing it, I forgot it was there. You see, most of these things feel different than the naked screen of an iPhone/iPad so I end up peeling them off after a while. The iVisor XT is still happily protecting the screen of my phone (yes, perhaps needlessly) and the only time I am reminded of its presence is when I tap the Home button, when I can feel the iVisor's slightly raised edge around it. In daily use, I'm pleased to report that my finger slides as effortlessly as ever, and I don't notice any difference in screen quality while watching videos. Who knows, maybe I'll just throw caution to the wind and put my phone in the same pocket as my keys now that I have this extra layer of protection.

Style

The iVisor XT comes with either black or white borders to help it blend in invisibly with your black or white iPhone/iPad. I'm not sure why they didn't just make it all clear, but I must admit, the color matches perfectly.

Summary

Moshi's iVisor XT provides (theoretical) screen protection for your iPhone and/or iPad. It stands above the crowd for its effortless, bubble-free installation, and for its excellent coefficient of friction (it feels just like a naked screen). If you like screen protectors, they don't get any better than this.

List Price: $24.95 (iPhone) $29.95 (iPad)
Web site: Moshi

---------------------------------------------------

Buy it from Amazon iPad Black version

Buy it from Amazon White iPhone version

-----------------------------------------------------

Check out our iPhone case reviews:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPhone-Case-Reviews.htm

Check out our iPad case reviews:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPad-Case-Reviews.htm

-----------------------------------------------------

----

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 33 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 10247

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage