General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Lenovo Announces IdeaPad Yoga 11S Windows 8 Convertible Intel Core i5 CPU
      #44012 - 01/07/13 11:26 AM

If you really liked the Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 but found it too large for tablet use, or the Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 11 running Windows RT but wanted full Windows 8, Lenovo has the answer. The Lenovo Yoga IdeaPad 11S is the seemingly identical cousin the the 11.6" Yoga 11 but it runs on Intel Core CPUs for greater performance and full Windows 8 glory. That means this little 2.8 lb. fella can run Windows 7 x86 apps like Adobe Photoshop and iTunes, but don't expect battery life to run into double digits like the Yoga 11 (no "S" at the end).

You get the same 360 degree Yoga-stretch goodness, and that means you can bend the display backwards on the sturdy dual hinges to use the machine in tablet, tent mode or traditional laptop mode. It has a 1366 x 768 IPS display and is 0.68" thick (just slightly thicker than the Yoga 11). Like other Yoga convertibles, it will be available in silver gray and clementine orange with a metal casing covered in rubberized paint for a grippy, non-skid feel.

IdeaPad Yoga 11S features an 11.6-inch HD IPS display that supports 10 finger multi-touch and comes with unique features previously only available on Yoga 13: Motion Control lets users simply swipe their hand in front of the webcam to advance photos, videos and other document, and with Lenovo Transition, users can automatically open applications like PowerPoint in full- screen when using Yoga in its other three modes: tent, stand or tablet.
The only bad news? You'll have to wait until June 2013 for this portable powerhouse. The price will start at $799.

Specs:

Up to Intel 3rd Gen Core i5 processor in the US (up to i7 worldwide)
Operating System: Windows 8
11.6 inch HD (1366 x 768) IPS display with wide viewing angle; 16:9 widescreen, 300 nits
Integrated Intel HD 4000 Graphics
Up to 8GB DDR3 memory DDR3L 1600MHz (1 x 4GB or 1 x 8GB)
Storage: Up to 256GB SSD storage
Integrated stereo speakers supporting Dolby Home Theater v4
1 x USB2.0; 1 x USB3.0 connectors; 2in1 (headphone and mic); 2in1 (SD, MMC) card reader; HDMI output
802.11 b,g,n WLAN; Bluetooth 4.0
Integrated 720p HD Camera
Battery: Up to 6 hours
Weight: 1.4kg (3.08 pounds)
Dimensions: 11.73 x 8.03 x 0.67 inches

Related:

Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 11 Review

Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 Review

Lenovo ThinkPad Twist Review

-

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 61 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3359

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage