General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 11S First Look Video Review
      #44049 - 01/12/13 12:01 PM

The Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 11S is quite the little powerhouse. With an Intel Core i5 CPU (the upcoming even lower powered ULV CPU that promises better battery life), 4 gigs of DDR3 RAM and a 128 gig SSD drive, this 11.6" powerhouse is a capable Windows 8 Convertible Ultrabook. It looks exactly like the Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 11 (no "S" at the end) that runs Windows RT, and in fact it shares the same very good 1366 x 768 IPS display, superb Lenovo AccuType keyboard and good build quality.

Like other Lenovo Yoga laptops, it features a 360 degree hinge that allows you to use it in laptop mode, tent mode and tablet mode; just keep pushing the display back until you find the position that suits you. The gloss display is sharp and bright, and we don't hanker for a higher resolution panel at this small size. The convertible tablet will be available in silver gray and clementine orange, both with a textured black inner wrist rest and rubber paint over the metal casing.

The Yoga 11S has two USB ports (one 2.0 and one 3.0), HDMI, an SD card slot and a 3.5mm combo audio jack. It weighs 3 pounds and is 0.67 inches thick. Lenovo says it will be available with up to 8 gigs of RAM and a 256 gig SSD. It has WiFi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, a 720p webcam and a battery that's sealed inside (Lenovo claims up to 6 hours on a charge). It will be available in May or June 2013.

Specs:

Up to Intel 3rd Gen Core i5 processor in the US (up to i7 worldwide)
Operating System: Windows 8
11.6 inch HD (1366 x 768) IPS display with wide viewing angle; 16:9 widescreen, 300 nits
Integrated Intel HD 4000 Graphics
Up to 8GB DDR3 memory DDR3L 1600MHz (1 x 4GB or 1 x 8GB)
Storage: Up to 256GB SSD storage
Integrated stereo speakers supporting Dolby Home Theater v4
1 x USB2.0; 1 x USB3.0 connectors; 2in1 (headphone and mic); 2in1 (SD, MMC) card reader; HDMI output
802.11 b,g,n WLAN; Bluetooth 4.0
Integrated 720p HD Camera
Battery: Up to 6 hours
Weight: 1.4kg (3.08 pounds)
Dimensions: 11.73 x 8.03 x 0.67 inches

Here's our Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 11S first look video review:

Related:

Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 11 Review

Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 Review

Lenovo ThinkPad Twist Review

-

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 60 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 7579

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage