General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 Firmware Update Available Now
      #44650 - 05/07/13 03:48 PM

My Samsung Galaxy S4 just notified me of a 21MB firmware update this afternoon, and as is often the case with these updates, it doesn't tell you what it does. First guess? Speed improvements to fix the lag some folks have noticed with their ATT model. Though ours hadn't lagged before, it feels a snappier now, and the camera (which did feel slow) is now more responsive. RAM usage is down to 700MB, which is 300 megs less than before the update. Owners on forums state that lag is much reduced. Good times.

The update brings a new kernel version and for those of you who have rooted, it will remove root. You can root this new version using motochopper, just as with the initial release.

If you don't want to wait for notification of the firmware update, you can manually check for the update by going to Settings, then selecting the rightmost tab (More), then select About Device, and finally select Software update. Again, this is for the AT&T version of the GS4.

Our Samsung Galaxy S4 Review

-

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 54 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2670

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage