Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Wireless and Mobile Phones >> Android Phones and Tablets

Pages: 1
Armanius
veteran

Reged: 11/17/06
Samsung Note 10.1 2014
      #45961 - 01/27/14 11:27 AM

Hi Lisa! It's been a while since I regularly visited this website and even posted in the forum! I'd forgotten how informative this website is!

In reading many Note 10.1 (2014) reviews, it appears that reviewers have complained about the performance of the tablet as it relates to some lag, and perhaps the lack of optimization by Samsung to get the most out of the hardware. Does anyone know if that is still an issue, or has Samsung updated the firmwares to address performance issues?

Also, is there no 64 gig version for the Note 10.1?

Thank you!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Samsung Note 10.1 2014 [Re: Armanius]
      #45986 - 01/31/14 09:25 AM

I honestly didn't find the tablet to be terribly laggy. I think folks love to pick on Samsung TouchWiz products for lag, and they're really not that bad. There is no 64 gig model that I'm aware of at retailers.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Armanius
veteran

Re: Samsung Note 10.1 2014 [Re: LisaG]
      #46044 - 02/14/14 12:04 PM

Thanks Lisa. I guess the 64 gig model is just overseas.

One more question, is it possible to use the micro-USB (or is it mini-USB) to connect to flash storage devices? And if yes, can it run apps from the USB flash storage? Or is that limited to using the micro-SD card?

Thank you again! Love your website!

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

#46049 - 02/16/14 09:33 AM

Yes you can use USB flash drives for storage but you can't install programs to a USB drive. Android doesn't support that and Samsung has only customized Android to bring back apps to SD cards, not external drives.

--------------------
Lisa Gade

Armanius
veteran

#46058 - 02/18/14 04:20 PM

Thanks!

Time for two more question?

I just read a review on the Best Buy website in reference to the Note 12.2 that Android 4.4.2. Reviewer says he was unable to transfer apps and data from apps to the micro-SD card.

Is that a potential problem on the Note 10.1 2014 if a user updates Android to its latest edition? Assuming a user can update the system.

I've been an iPad user since the original iPad. Apple seems to update its iOS frequently, and makes the updates available on its old iPads. It seems to me that Android tablets don't get the same type of support with updates of the system. Instead, each time a new version of Android is released, the newest Android operating systems seems to be only available on the latest tablets. For example, I haven't read anywhere about Note 8 owners updating from 4.2 to 4.3.

Should I be concerned (as a wanna-be Note 10.1 or 12.2 owner) that Android tablets don't receive the same updates like iPads do?

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

#46060 - 02/18/14 11:03 PM

Yes it's true that overall Android devices don't get upgrades as quickly as iOS devices. Though Apple only goes back a few generations for updates. I haven't had trouble with moving apps to SD cards on the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, so I certainly can't say it would be a problem with the 10.1" Note.

--------------------
Lisa Gade

Armanius
veteran

#46066 - 02/19/14 11:26 PM

Thanks Lisa!

Looks like I'll be buying my first Android device. Hoping that it won't be too weird of an experience.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 982

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage