MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
hightde

Reged: 07/11/14
Asus t100 (S) model
      #46686 - 07/11/14 05:33 PM

Are there any plans for a video or article going over the updates/refresh to the Asus t100? The new model adds (S) to the end. It appears to use a newer processor and they added a couple colors but I can't find what else may be different or what impact the changes have on performance if any.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Asus t100 (S) model [Re: hightde]
      #46687 - 07/12/14 09:36 AM

I haven't come across the T100S yet at retailers and I haven't seen it on Asus' website, just the TA. But if it's just a minor update, it's not likely we'd review it again.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

ilovetofu

Reged: 07/08/13
Loc: USA
Re: Asus t100 (S) model [Re: LisaG]
      #46780 - 07/29/14 02:01 PM

OP, where did you learn of the T100 (S)? I am unable to find any info on it. An internet search only yields the T100 model.

hightde

Reged: 07/11/14
Re: Asus t100 (S) model [Re: ilovetofu]
      #46781 - 07/29/14 02:59 PM

When I went to finally make a purchase I hit up amazon. If you do a search just for the Asus t100 on the main amazon site you get one that sais (S) and one that sais 'old version'. I found a discussion on another forum of a minor refresh to the t100. It seems to include 2 new colors for the exterior (wish the red one had been out) and a minor upgrade to the processor bumping it up from the Baytrail-T Z3740 1.33GHz (Turbo 1.86 GHz) to the Baytrail-T Z3775 1.46GHz. I have only dealt with the new one so I don't know if the update is all that noticeable. I keep meaning to check and see if they bumped the os up to 64bit or not but I always forget. I primarily got it for the Widi/Miracast support which works a treat. I would also say, haveing never had a tablet before, it is heavier than I expected with the keyboard but is just about right as the tablet alone. The keyboard is handy at home though do to the full sized usb port. I also got a skin from decal girl and recomend the mat finish skin. It does a great job protecting against scratching the plastic back to the tablet (which happend within a day of ownership :/) and makes it just a touch more grippy which feels nice in the hand.

ilovetofu

Reged: 07/08/13
Loc: USA
Re: Asus t100 (S) model [Re: hightde]
      #46782 - 07/29/14 03:21 PM

Interesting. According to the specifications on Amazon, it still has only 2GB of ram so I doubt it's running 64bit Windows. I have the original T100, and I doubt the new CPU will make that noticeable of a difference in performance. It's fine for normal content consumption tasks. Thanks for the info!

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Asus t100 (S) model [Re: ilovetofu]
      #46797 - 08/03/14 09:31 AM

So far Intel Atom Bay Trail machines ship with 32 bit Windows because MS faced a delay releasing the 64 bit version of that OS with Atom support.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1459

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage