General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Zagg Invisible Shield HDX for iPhone 6/6+ Review
      #47106 - 10/03/14 08:37 PM

The Zagg Invisible Shield HDX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus provides protection for your iPhone screen that is head and shoulders above the competition.

Size and Fit

The HDX is wisely designed to be case-friendly in that it covers only the screen, not the bezel, which would interfere with some cases. It features cutouts for both the front speaker and the home button, but covers the front camera completely. Unlike most screen protectors, the HDX installs quite easily thanks to some good engineering, and the inclusion of high quality installation accessories. It is imperative, however, that you read the instructions before beginning because if you simply pull away the protective films and slap it down, you're going to be frustrated pretty quickly. The secret ingredient here is the presence of a protective film on the top of the shield as well as the bottom. This top cover has handy tabs, which allow you to hold onto HDX without getting your fingerprints all over it. once you have it lined up properly and installed, simply remove the top film, and then use the miniature squeegee (included!) to get rid of air bubbles. As Dan Akroyd would say while demonstrating the Bass-O-Matic, "Yes, it's just that simple!"

Features and Quality

I'm generally not a fan of screen protectors for smartphones because, in my experience, they protect your phone from something from which they are not particularly vulnerable (scratches). To compound this, most screen shields are, ironically, themselves quite vulnerable to scratches. However, smartphone screens have their own form of kryptonite: shattering. Enter the InvisibleShield HDX, which claims to make your iPhone 6/6+ screen 3x more shatter resistant. While I was unwilling to test this assertion on my wife's brand new iPhone 6, a bit of reading on Zagg's website revealed that they achieve this through a combination of Military Gradetm components and Self-Healing: Nano-Memory Technologytm. I'm willing to forgive them for these absurd trademarked phrases, though, because they are willing to back them up with a lifetime warranty against scratches or signs of wear. And, unlike most warranties, you may actually invoke this one because a screen shield can be returned in an envelope for the price of a postage stamp. Of course, this warranty applies only to the HDX, NOT your iPhone screen so don't get too excited. While I am inclined to poke a bit of fun at Zagg's marketing team for trying to hypnotize us with intricate words, I am deadly serious about how much I like the InvisibleShield HDX. As I alluded earlier, it comes with a plethora of tools to ease installation such as a special wet-wipe to clean your screen, a microfiber cloth, clever installation tabs on the protective film, and a miniature squeegee to purge air bubbles. It also feels absolutely fantastic once installed. Finally, a screen protector that even I will use.

Summary

It's time to set aside your cynicism and mistrust of iPhone screen protectors. The Zagg InvisibleShield HDX will actually make your device less prone to shattering, and will do so without compromising its beauty or ease of use. Further, the lifetime warranty against scratches or wear means this will literally be the last screen protector you ever buy for your iPhone.

Editor's Ratings (1-5): 5
What's Hot: Provides substantial shatter protection for your screen. Surprisingly easy installation. Lifetime warranty (the HDX, NOT your screen).
What's Not: Priced at the high end for screen protectors.
Price: $24.99
Web site: Zagg

Reviewed by: Tom Slayton

-----------------------------------------------------

Buy it from Amazon

Check out our iPhone Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPhone-Case-Reviews.htm

Check out our iPad Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPad-Case-Reviews.htm

----

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 635 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 13349

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage