General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Ventev Aria for iPhone 6 Case Review
      #47241 - 10/30/14 07:32 PM

The Ventev Aria is a lightweight case that protects against everyday bumps and scratches, although not much else. The Aria installs in seconds thanks to its one-piece flexible frame. It fits perfectly, and adds very little bulk to your slim iPhone 6.

Features and Quality

For me, the most difficult cases to review are those that don't fit my particular set of needs, yet excel at doing exactly what they set out to do. The Ventev Aria is just such a case. Because I tend to take my phones into moderately inhospitable environments, I seek out cases that offer a greater level of protection. Also, this not being my first rodeo, I have a bit of experience with my phones going to ground and taking an unauthorized swim. If you are like me, I must advise you to seek out a bulkier, more cumbersome case in order to protect your investment. If, however, you are like the literally hundreds of people I see everyday who do not abuse or punish their iPhones, the Aria is an excellent choice.

Made of flexible plastic, it will not shatter, crack, or stretch with use; and thanks to its rubbery accents, you will have a much easier time hanging onto your precious device, even with wet and slippery hands. The inner surface is lined with the same soft material as the accents, which will prevent your phone from moving around inside the case, and will help to protect your phone from damage caused by debris or dust that works its way inside. The power and volume buttons are covered, but the rest of the ports and controls are available via cutouts. For an added level of daily protection, the front rim of the case is slightly raised to protect your screen when placed facedown. As I alluded to earlier, the Aria is not rated for any kind of drop or moisture protection; but, as I also stated, this is not its mission.

Style

The Aria is available in black/grey and white/pink. Although the black/grey one is fairly muted, the white/pink one (which I reviewed) really pops with color, thanks to Ventev's signature style. Of all of the cases I've tested, I received the most attention while field testing the Aria. This, however, may have had something to do with the fact that I've never walked around with a pink iPhone case before.

Summary

If you're looking for basic everyday protection and don't want to turn your iPhone 6 into a Sherman Tank, Ventev's Aria is a great choice. It's stylish, slim, and well-made from quality materials. It won't break your budget, either.

Editor's Ratings (1-5): 4.5
What's Hot: Provides comprehensive bump/scuff protection, and possibly some level of drop protection. Front rim protects screen when facedown. Covered buttons. rubbery accents on back and sides help prevent slippage.
What's Not: No rated drop protection. No protection from even minimal levels of moisture.
Price: $24.99
Web site: Ventev

Reviewed by: Tom Slayton

-----------------------------------------------------

Buy it from Amazon White version

Buy it from Amazon Black version

Check out our iPhone Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPhone-Case-Reviews.htm

Check out our iPad Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPad-Case-Reviews.htm

----

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
2 registered and 2532 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5593

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage