General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Cheero Power Case for iPhone 5/5s Review
      #47282 - 11/07/14 04:21 PM

The Cheero Power Case has everything a battery case should have, and at an unbeatable price. The Power Case is about as bulky as you'd expect a battery case to be. It sticks out about 1/2 inch on the bottom to accommodate the power connectors, and makes the thickness of your device about the same (installed). The Power Case may be slightly thicker than most battery cases, however, because of its 2-piece design, which allows you to easily detach the battery when not needed. This is a small price to pay for the chance to leave the big heavy battery pack in your purse/backpack/pocket most of the time. Once detached, it takes on the form factor of a minimal case, and is very slim and light.

Features and Quality

The Cheero Power Case defies its modest price in every way, and feels/works great. The 2300mAh battery is 1.6 times the size of the iPhone 5's internal power source, and can easily bring even the most lifeless device back to full health. As with all battery cases, however, you'll get better performance if you try to charge your device between 20% and 80% as working within that range is the most efficient. Additionally, according to the manufacturer, the built-in Lightning connector is Apple-certified so you won't lose sleep wondering if your iPhone is going to catch fire. My favorite part of the Power Case, however, is its 2-part design. thanks to a cleverly engineered hinged clip, the battery portion of the case removes/installs in seconds so you won't have to carry it around all day attached to your phone unless you actually need the juice. Lastly, the case comes with the industry standard headphone adaptor and a mini USB cord for charging/syncing. The adaptor is necessary due to the port being at the bottom of the phone where it is inevitably buried underneath the electronics of most battery cases. You can still use your headphones without it, but you will need to pull on the non-reinforced portion of the cable to do so. Trust me, I'm a professional. Use the adaptor.

Style

Although the visual style of the Powercase is pretty subdued, thanks to it's no-nonsense shape and single color choice (black), it still manages to look distinctive thanks to its soft-touch finish and clean lines.

Summary

I've tested a lot of battery cases for the iPhone over the years, and the Cheero Powercase is as good as any of them at less than half the price.

Editor's Ratings (1-5): 5
What's Hot: 2300mAh battery. 2-part case allows you to detach battery when not needed. Soft-touch impact-resistant plastic. Apple-certified Lightning connector. Great price.
What's Not: Nothing.
Price: $69.99, street price $29.99
Web site: Cheero

Reviewed by: Tom Slayton

-----------------------------------------------------

Buy it from Amazon

Check out our iPhone Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPhone-Case-Reviews.htm

Check out our iPad Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPad-Case-Reviews.htm

----

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 281 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5632

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage