General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Proporta Protective Case with Hidden Card Slot for iPhone 6 Review
      #47401 - 12/09/14 05:07 PM

Proporta's generically named Protective Case With Hidden Card Slot gives you exactly what you'd expect: A protective case with a hidden card slot. The Protective Case is essentially a minimalist iPhone snap-in shell case with an integrated cover, so it installs, literally, in a snap. It fits perfectly, and gives you direct access to all ports/buttons/switches/etc; even when the cover is closed. Once installed, expect your iPhone to be almost exactly the same size as without the case, except for the cover, which adds a few millimeters when closed.

Features and Quality

As previously noted, the Protective Case is shell case with an integrated cover, but its a darn good one. Even without something else to compare it to on-hand, I could tell that it is thicker and more substantial than other snap-in cases that I've tested. The faux leather cover felt a bit flimsy at first, but that's only because it's designed to be lightweight, it seems, as the build quality appears to be up to Proporta's usual high standards. There are two slots on the inside cover that the manufacturer specifically states are for business cards. This is important because, as I've pointed out in other folio case reviews, storing cash or credit cards there is a bad idea due to the fact the they will be on display whenever you use your phone with the cover folded back. The signature feature, of course, is the hidden card slot behind the phone. I almost missed it at first because the cover attachment is hinged to open completely and I scoffed that a card stored there would just fall out. However, closer inspection revealed a set of finely machined grooves that are designed to hold a single credit card securely. Even with the case open for use, this card will not be visible to those around you. The manufacturer bills this feature as ideal for contactless payment cards, however, any credit card can reside there just as easily. Lastly, the cover also functions as a viewing stand, which is always a nifty feature.

Style

The Protective Case comes in black, brown, and navy, and can be personalized if purchased directly from Proporta (additional $6.95 fee). I confess that the understated style of this case is not to my personal tastes, but I'm not narrow-minded enough to mark it down for that, as style is very much an individual thing.

Summary

If you are looking for a portfolio case for your iPhone 6, and want to be able to surreptitiously store a credit card in it, this is your case. It's been thoughtfully designed, and is well-made, however, its arguably buttoned-up conservative style may limit its appeal somewhat.

Editor's Ratings (1-5): 4
What's Hot: Cover doubles as a viewing stand. Hidden credit card slot. slots inside front cover for business cards.
What's Not: Faux leather cover has no clasp or other closure device. Not particularly stylish or distinctive.
Price: $26.95
Web site: Proporta

Reviewed by: Tom Slayton

-----------------------------------------------------

Buy it from Amazon Black version

Buy it from Amazon Brown version

Check out our iPhone Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPhone-Case-Reviews.htm

Check out our iPad Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPad-Case-Reviews.htm

----

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
3 registered and 2312 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5105

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage