Palm OS PDAs >> Sony Clie

Pages: 1
LisaG
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Sony UX50 PDA Fonts and Portrait Mode [Re: ]
      #4761 - 07/29/03 02:00 PM

I'm sorry to say I didn't notice the fonts on the UX50. Since Sony hasn't gone with the Palm fonts for current OS 5 PDAs, I'm not sure we can count on things changing. There are font hacks and add-ons to give the Clie Palm fonts however, and I image those will carry over to the UX line.

I haven't seen the Sony APIs for landscape on the UX (not released yet in the US), so it's hard to say if developers will find a way to switch the device to portrait mode. I'd think it's likely that a developer could make their own app run portrait, but as for changing the entire OS-- well, that's harder. Sony does not intend to offer portrait mode on this device, so I doubt we'll see a Sony patch.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaG
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Sony UX50 PDA and Folding Keyboard [Re: ]
      #4781 - 07/30/03 12:16 AM

The existing KB11 Sony folding keyboard (actually a Stowaway) wouldn't work since it plugs directly into the sync port, which is located on the side rather than bottom edge of the unit on the UX50.

Quote:

Thanks for your prompt response. I enjoyed your preview and look foward to more information. In your
brief time with the Clie, did you notice, whether it could connect to a Clie folding keyboard, you know a real
life size version that is still the best input method.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3255

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage