General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Wicked Audio Sentinel Headphones Review
      #47557 - 01/12/15 06:54 PM

Wicked Audio's Sentinel is a good entry-level headphone for kids, teens, and those with small heads and a tight budget. Both the Sentinel earpads and the padded strap are pretty small, and will likely not be comfortable on those with larger heads. Those with smaller craniums, such as children and young teens, will find the size quite comfortable, however.

Features and Quality

The Sentinel is an entry level headphone, and is priced as such. While its specs are quite competitive (40mm driver, 32 ohm impedance, and a 20-20,000 frequency response), it simply couldn't compete with a pair of similarly spec'd high end headphones. Again, this is an entry level headphone so I wouldn't expect it to sound as good as audiophile equipment. I merely mention it here for those who shop for headphones solely on specs. While listening to both music and movies, I found the bass to be surprisingly good, although the highs were a bit disappointing, even when compared to a stock pair of Apple Earbuds. Regarding construction, the adjustable strap is padded, the ear cushions are soft, with no seams at the point of contact, and the plug is gold-plated.

Style

The Sentinel has a very youthful style to it. The Wicked logo stands out in bold contrast on both ear cups, and the headphones are available in 3 color combinations: Black/red, white/orange, and green/grey.

Summary

If you're looking for an entry level set of headphones for a child or a young teen, Wicked Audio's Sentinel headphones will likely suit you quite well. Just make sure that they aren't for somebody with a larger head; even though they are adjustable, the tension gets higher as they open wider. My son loved them, but they gave me a headache (yes, I have a big head).

Editor's Ratings (1-5): 3.5
What's Hot: Competitive Price. Great lows. Lightweight. Stylish.
What's Not: Uncomfortable for those with large heads. Poor highs.
Price: $25
Web site: Wicked Audio

Reviewed by: Tom Slayton

-----------------------------------------------------

Buy it from Amazon

Check out our iPhone Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPhone-Case-Reviews.htm

Check out our iPad Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPad-Case-Reviews.htm

----

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 993 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4673

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage