General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Urban Armor Gear Maverick Case for iPhone 6 Review
      #47672 - 02/06/15 07:09 PM

The Urban Armor Gear (UAG) case provides excellent drop protection for your iPhone 6 in a very aggressive form factor. The UAG case features a one-piece design that stretches in the corners to allow installation/removal. It fits the iPhone 6 perfectly, and while it will approximately double the thickness of your phone, it adds a negligible amount to the length and width of your device. Due to its composite construction, it is also very light-weight.

Features and Quality

UAG's signature line of cases feature excellent drop protection. Certified to the MIL-STD 810G standard (multiple drops onto plywood covered concrete from a height of 6 meters), they will very likely provide the average user with all the drop protection he/she will need. In particular, its reinforced corners, which is often the point of impact for a dropped phone, are designed to absorb shocks rather than pass them on to your device. it's important to note that UAG's cases are not designed to protect against moisture, which would take them out of the everyday category thanks to the reduced accessibility and increased bulk this level of protection necessitates. The buttons are covered, however, which is a nice feature, and the light honeycomb texture on the inside of the case will not mark your iPhone. Lastly, all of UAG's offerings come with a non-integrated screen protector.

Style

If you've reached this point and began wondering why I haven't been referring to a particular model in this review even though I've been testing the Maverick (clear), it's because UAG gives each color a different model name, and I didn't want to give anybody the impression that my review product was different in any substantive way than the Valkyrie (pink), the Scout (black), the Outland (orange), the Navigator (white), or the Aero (blue). Yeesh. Once you have selected a color, you will find that all of these cases have the same distinctive style. I particularly like the back because it looks like it is held together by rivets, and has some very nice angles that give it an aggressive style.

Summary

UAG's line of protective cases provide a great balance between everyday drop protection and accessibility/bulk. Its smooth construction won't stick to your pockets or gather lint, and the variety of colors means that there's something for everyone. A solid daily-use case. Highly recommended.

Editor's Ratings (1-5): 5
What's Hot: Rugged design available in 5 color options. Reinforced corners. Full access to buttons/switches. Certified MIL-STD 810G drop protection.
What's Not: Not designed to protect against moisture.
Price: $34.95
Web site: Urban Armor Gear

Reviewed by: Tom Slayton

-----------------------------------------------------

Buy it from Amazon iPhone 6 version

Buy it from Amazon iPhone 6 Plus version

Check out our iPhone Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPhone-Case-Reviews.htm

Check out our iPad Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPad-Case-Reviews.htm

-----

Price: $34.95
Web site: http://www.urbanarmorgear.com/products/iphone_6_aero

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
2 registered and 1670 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5187

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage