General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Reach79 Case for iPhone 6 Review
      #47675 - 02/09/15 04:41 PM

The Reach79 case for iPhone 6 significantly boosts the signal strength of your device, and provides substantial drop protection in a lightweight package. The one-piece construction of the Reach79 allows for easy installation/removal, and the case fits perfectly. Once installed, it will approximately double the thickness of your device, but will add very little to its width and length.

Features and Quality

When I received the Reach79 case for review, I was incredulous. It seemed unlikely to me that it would be able to live up to its lofty claim of doubling your signal strength, and doing so without requiring power for itself. If I'd awoken this morning with my face sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't have been more surprised than I was to see my phone instantly go from one bar to two immediately after installing the Reach79. Yes, folks, it really works as advertised. I placed my phone on the ground, where I noted that I had my usual 1 bar of service. I installed the Reach79, placed it back in exactly the same spot, and it went to 2 bars. I repeated this two more times with the same results. I then removed the case, and held the phone in my hand; 1 bar. I put the case back on, held it in the same hand; 2 bars. I have no idea how it works, but I can tell you that, at least where I live (Southern California) on AT&T's network, that it does. Although I can't say with certainty based on my anecdotal data, but my iPhone seemed to perform better in areas of poor service, and the battery seemed to take less of a beating while trying to stay connected in places like my home (which I refer to as The Cone of Silence). If I were a betting man, I'd wager that this bit of black magic has something to do with the 4 patents the company owns. For those of you who are still skeptical, Reach79's claims have been verified at CTIA Certified labs; the same labs that certify the devices themselves. Please note, however, that at this time, Reach79 currently works with AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile, but does not work with Sprint.

As if this weren't enough, they also went and built the Reach79 with a drop-rating of MIL-STD 810G (multiple 6 meter drops onto plywood-covered concrete), which means you won't have to sacrifice drop-protection to get better service. As for moisture, all buttons are covered, however, everything else is open and exposed, so this is not a case for a wet environment, or even a damp one.

Style

The Reach79 is available in black. It's lines are clean and rounded, giving it a professional, understated look. The back is distinctive, however, thanks to a grid that reveals what appears to be a block of gold metal underneath; presumably the signal-amplifying component. It's nice looking, as the splash of color subtly reveals that there's more to the Reach79 than meets the eye.

Summary

There's nothing on the market right now that does what the Reach79 can do (at least that I could find). If you live/work/play in poor service areas, you would most likely immediately notice a difference; I sure did. Just remember that it does NOT work with Sprint's network.

Editor's Ratings (1-5): 5
What's Hot: Boosts the signal strength of your device. MIL-STD 810G rated drop protection. Lightweight.
What's Not: Does not work with Sprint.
Price: $59.99
Web site: Reach79

Reviewed by: Tom Slayton

-----------------------------------------------------

Check out our iPhone Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPhone-Case-Reviews.htm

Check out our iPad Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPad-Case-Reviews.htm

-----------------------------------------------------
-----

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1005 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4421

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage