General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Silk Stealth Armor Tough Case for iPhone 6 Plus Review
      #47679 - 02/09/15 06:48 PM

Silk's Stealth Armor Tough Case is an inexpensive, stylish everyday case that will protect your phone from everyday bumps, scuffs, and possibly even drops. The Stealth Armor is a very low profile case that will approximately double the thickness of your phone, but will add very little to its width or length. Its flexible construction allows it to install easily, and it fits perfectly.

Features and Quality

The first thing you notice on the Stealth Armor's product page is the manufacturer's assertion that it provides "military grade protection." Although the case has nicely reinforced corners and fea-tures a dual-layer construction, no drop protection rating is provided. Therefore, I have no way of validating that claim short of conducting my own tests with my own phone, which I am not will-ing to do. Based on my experiences with various cases over the years, however, I can tell you that the Stealth Armor will likely protect your phone from reasonable drops. In spite of the fact that it is it is not designed to protect against moisture, the covered buttons will provide more protection than most daily-use cases, and they work great. This is a feature that is often left out of everyday cases, especially those in the Stealth Armor's super competitive price range, and is greatly appre-ciated. Lastly, the top edge of the case is slightly raised to protect your phone's screen when laid flat on its face.

Style

The Stealth Armor comes with three different backplates; grey, silver, and gold, in order to match the construction of your phone. These plates are easily installed/removed, and add some rigidity to the case. The flexible portion comes in black only, but with the interchangeable backplates, this doesn't seem like too big of a compromise.

Summary

The Stealth Armor Tough Case is an extremely competitively priced everyday case. It provides great bump/scuff protection, and will likely protect your phone against drops as well. The inter-changeable backplates will allow you to express your individuality somewhat, without sacrificing the protection that only comes with a full case.

Editor's Ratings (1-5): 4
What's Hot: Interchangeable back plate. Covered buttons. Good everyday protection. In-expensive.
What's Not: No drop protection rating provided. Not designed to protect against moisture.
Price: $17.99
Web site: Silk Innovation

Reviewed by: Tom Slayton

-----------------------------------------------------

Buy it from Amazon iPhone 6 Plus version

Buy it from Amazon iPhone 6 version

Check out our iPhone Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPhone-Case-Reviews.htm

Check out our iPad Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPad-Case-Reviews.htm

-----

Price:
Web site: http://www.silkinnovation.com/products/stealth-armor-tough-case-for-iphone-6-plus/

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 344 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3742

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage