General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Ventev Penna Wallet for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Review
      #48024 - 05/12/15 03:08 PM

Ventev's Penna Wallet case stands out in the wallet/portfolio case market thanks to some thoughtful design, and quality materials. The Penna Wallet case adds a nearly imperceptible amount of size/weight to your iPhone, although the cover flap, of course, makes it thicker. It fits perfectly, with all cutouts lining up as expected.

Features and Quality

If you, like me, found yourself with a brand new iPhone 6/6+ last fall and no way to protect it, you likely purchased one of Apple's own iPhone cases. The leather versions had a great feel to them. They were just soft enough to make them easy to hold onto, yet stiff enough to hold your phone firmly. They were short on features, however, and long on price. If only Ventev had been able to bring their Penna Wallet to market at that time. It is, in every way, a superior alternative. Constructed of leather, lined with microfiber, and priced well below Apple's offerings, it is both attractive and functional. However, Ventev went a step further by adding an integrated cover flap and a small card wallet on the back. The cover folds back easily for full access to your phone, and is hinged in the middle to allow you to use your camera while it is folded back. The center crease also enables the cover flap to be used to prop up your phone for hands-free landscape viewing. Remember, however, that the Penna Wallet is not designed to withstand heavy abuse or moisture. If you routinely use your phone in inhospitable environments or are a bit clumsy, you may need more protection. Lastly, Ventev also included a small card wallet on the back.

If you've read any of my other reviews of wallet cases, you know of my concerns regarding their use. Filling them with visible cash or credit cards in public places (particularly public transportation) is just asking for trouble so please be prudent about what you put in there when you are out and about. If you're dead-set on filling it with a credit card, at least place a business card in front of it so it won't be quite so obvious to onlookers. Of course, the screen cover mostly hides the wallet during use... Mostly. Although I love this case, I think Ventev could have gone a bit farther (as well as almost every other wallet case manufacturer) in concealing the contents of the card slot from prying eyes.

Style

As I previously mentioned, the Penna Wallet looks and feels every bit as good as Apple's leather iPhone case. It has an understated look of sophistication that would be at home anywhere. It's available in black or grey.

Summary

Ventev's Penna Wallet is an excellent wallet case for the iPhone 6/6+. Its all-leather construction has a great quality feel to it, especially after it breaks-in a bit. As with all wallet cases, it's important to be careful what you place in the highly visible card slot.

Editor's Ratings (1-5): 4
What's Hot: Hinged cover doubles as hands-free stand, and folds out of the way for photos. Wallet feature. Leather construction with microfiber lining.
What's Not: Wallet portion is not deep enough to conceal its contents. No rated drop protection. No protection from moisture.
Price: $34.99/$39.99
Web site: Ventev

Reviewed by: Tom Slayton

-----------------------------------------------------

Buy it from Amazon

Check out our iPhone Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPhone-Case-Reviews.htm

Check out our iPad Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPad-Case-Reviews.htm

----

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
2 registered and 2527 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3337

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage