General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Verus Damda Case for iPhone 6/6 Plus Review
      #48527 - 09/04/15 03:48 PM

Finally, a credit card holding iPhone case that hides your sensitive information!

One of my biggest pet peeves is the phrase: pet peeve. I wish there were another way to succinctly label those things that drive me, in particular, nuts. Sadly, I'm stumped; so on to my pet peeve that is actually relevant to this review. Most iPhone cases that celebrate their clever inclusion of card storage, achieve this level of convenience at an alarming cost of personal safety. While the slots that are meant to hold these cards are usually tucked away under a fold-back cover, opening this cover to use your phone will result in displaying them for all the world to see, which can be like ringing the dinner bell if you do so in the presence of the wrong sort of person. Fortunately, those who favor storing things in their iPhone cases have much safer options, although these are still the exception rather than the rule. The Damda by Verus is one such case. Instead of slots, the Damda has a hidden compartment on the back of the case that can accommodate up to 2 cards. When not in use, the sliding panel locks into place with a satisfying click, and does a great job of hiding its presence. When needed, the panel slides back so the contents can be accessed. I found this door to be a bit awkward to open at times, but I can forgive them for that as this is far superior to the panel opening too easily.

The Damda is constructed of soft rubbery TPU on the edges, and rigid polycarbonate on the back. This combination of materials should provide you with a decent amount of everyday bump and possibly some drop protection, although it's not rated for this (most everyday cases are not rated for drop protection). Expect the Damda to add a bit of thickness to your iPhone in order to accommodate the card storage slot. It doesn't add a lot of weight however, so once installed, your phone will be lighter than it looks.

The Damda is available in six colors (listed by quirkiness, low to high): Poppy Red, Crimson Red, Steel Silver, Light Silver, Shine Gold, and my favorite, Special Yellow.

If you like to store credit cards in your iPhone case, this is the one to get. It will hold two of them (or one plus an identification card) in its hidden compartment, provide everyday bump and possibly drop protection, and will do so in one of 6 perky colors.

Editor's Ratings (1-5): 4
What's Hot: Hidden compartment on back of case holds 2 cards. Available in variety of colors. Flexible TPU material provides moderate drop protection.
What's Not: Card compartment cover can be fiddly at times. Not everybody will need the card storage feature.
Price: $34.99

Reviewed by: Tom Slayton

-----------------------------------------------------

Check out our iPhone Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPhone-Case-Reviews.htm

Check out our iPad Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPad-Case-Reviews.htm

----

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 1132 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3182

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage