MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Wireless and Mobile Phones >> Bluetooth

Pages: 1
celt

Reged: 10/02/03
Bluetooth Problem - HPiPAQ 2210 and Nokia 6310i
      #5924 - 10/02/03 11:46 AM

I cannot connect my iPAQ 2210 and my Nokia 6310i, I can connect using the IR but not
Bluetooth. The PDA makes the connection to the phone but then the phone hangs up.
I have tried 2 different iPAQ's with the same problem. My phone mobile carrier Vodafone cannot understand what the problem is, I suspect the PDA.

Any suggestions welcome
thanks in advance

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Bluetooth Problem - HPiPAQ 2210 and Nokia 631 [Re: celt]
      #5959 - 10/06/03 12:40 AM

We don't have Vodaphone here in the US, and getting the correct config is very carrier-dependant, so I can't give any advice

Since you tried it on 2 iPAQs, I don't think it's the PDA. I do recall seeing posts on other boards from folks who do use the 2210 with the 6310i.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

pdageek

Reged: 04/16/04
Re: Bluetooth Problem - HPiPAQ 2210 and Nokia 631 [Re: LisaG]
      #10081 - 04/16/04 03:32 PM

This is a pairing and authentication issue. Make sure they are pairing correctly.

Do you get as far as typing a pin into your 6310i

I've used a 6310i for a while and havn't had any problems with it.

Select search for audio accessories in your Nokia menu (option 11) to see if you can pair the IPAQ from the Nokia that way

Geeky

--------------------
Syncgeeks

SparcoBlue

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: New Zealand
Re: Bluetooth Problem - HPiPAQ 2210 and Nokia 631 [Re: pdageek]
      #10340 - 04/28/04 01:02 PM

Hi there ...

I stumbled upon this forums through a friend of mine. I am in New Zealand and have a bit of experience with Bluetooth problems between devices, particularly if a mobile phone is involved as I work as a CSR for a mobile repair agent.

I would say the first thing to look for is the software version package of your N6310i and iPAQ. You may need to have the software (or firmware for some) upgraded to the very latest one.

Another would be compatibility issues due to the age gap between the products (the N6310i model designation is about 2-4yrs old and is rather obsolete here in NZ already). One example of this "theory" will be with my Sony-Ericsson HBH-30 headset and Sony-Ericsson T68i phone (both models are 2-4yrs old too!). They work perfectly together (came out on the same "era") without cutting/dropping audio connection within a 10meter/30feet radius. The HBH-30 will even pair up nicely with a N6310i with the same results. BUT, when I pair up the HBH-30 to a N3650 sucessfully, it will pair up but will not connect at all. Have even noticed that audio connection is scratchy if I connect the HBH-30 to a Sony-Ericsson Z600!!!

Try this "theory" with your iPAQ using a "newer" phone (Nokia 3650, 6600 / Sony-Ericsson T610, T630, Z600, P800, P900) and see how it goes.

IMHO, Nokia is a bit behind in their Bluetooth technology (compared to Sony-Ericsson)I think, as in my experience, their only Bluetooth headset in the market goes very scrachy or drops connection if the headset is more than a quarter of a meter away from a Nokia mobile phone!! Unless they may have sorted this out fairly recently.

ChrisG

Reged: 04/30/04
Re: Bluetooth Problem - HPiPAQ 2210 and Nokia 631 [Re: SparcoBlue]
      #10406 - 04/30/04 01:59 AM

I know that for Bluetooth on Nokia 6310i to work ok you need to have firmware version 5.50 or higher. Try *#0000# from cellphone keypad to display firmware version. Any Nokia service point should be able to do firmware upgrade. My 6310i (f/ware 5.50) talks to Palm Tungsten T3 and laptop Acer 636LC via MSI USB/Bluetooth dongle. Did not try any headset yet.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 13532

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage