HP today unveiled a redesigned portfolio of consumer notebook PCs that delivers distinctive design elements, new materials, enhanced performance and better experiences to consumers.
With updates across the HP ENVY, HP Pavilion and HP Mini lines, HP is fusing style and efficiency to offer stylish notebook PCs that meet the personal computing needs of every consumer.
Etched metal finishes, touchable textures and a mix of high-quality materials create a simple, clean look that seamlessly fits into the lives of consumers. These new notebook PCs also can be customized with a choice of 15 exclusive wallpapers, including 12 designed by well-known artists from around the world.
HP ENVY 14 and 17
The new HP ENVY 14 and 17 deliver premium experiences to satisfy the most demanding customers. The notebooks offer the ideal balance of design and technology by combining the latest in manufacturing with artistic expression and world-class performance.
Both ENVY notebooks feature powerful Intel processors and ATI Mobility Radeon high-definition (HD) 5830 discrete graphics for gaming, videos and 3-D images. They come with a backlit keyboard, slot-loading optical drive, HP TrueVision HD webcam, a mini DisplayPort Connector and the latest in wireless and connectivity options.
The notebooks also include Beats Audio, a unique, high-performance technology developed by HP and Beats by Dr. Dre to provide the optimal sound experience ? the way the artist intended it ? when playing music or audio through headphones or external speakers.
The slim and light ENVY 14 features a precision-crafted design with a 14.5-inch diagonal HD Radiance display that offers picture quality up to 59 percent brighter than any notebook with a standard display. With up to six hours of battery life, the ENVY 14 is one of the thinnest and lightest quad-core notebooks available in the world. The ENVY 14 also offers optional WWAN/3G.
With up to 2 terabytes (TB) of storage capacity, the ENVY 17 has the horsepower and flexibility for the most demanding tasks. The ENVY 17 offers enhanced performance with ATI Eyefinity Technology for multiple external display support and an HP Triple Bass Reflex Subwoofer for outstanding sound.
HP Pavilion PCs
The new HP Pavilion notebook PCs, including the dm4, dv5, dv6 and dv7, meet a wide variety of power, performance and mobility needs at prices that fit most budgets.
Thin and light, the HP Pavilion dm4 offers mobility paired with a sleek, metal finish and cool etched patterns, making it a stylish and ideal choice for all-day computing.
At just 1 inch thin and weighing only 4.4 pounds, the dm4 features a stunning full-metal chassis with an elegant etched pattern on its brushed aluminum finish. Powered by an Intel Core processor, it includes a 14-inch diagonal BrightView HD LED display, internal optical drive, fingerprint reader and up to 6.5 hours of battery life.
The high-performing HP Pavilion dv5, dv6 and dv7 are ideal for any type of media-rich experience, offering the latest in graphics, audio and video.
* With exterior bold finishes and touchable textures, the HP Pavilion dv5 and dv6 are designed to suit every consumer?s personal style. The dv5, available in black cherry, champagne and Sonoma red Imprint finishes, features a unique 14.5-inch diagonal HD display, ideal for work and play.
* Available in the same Imprint finishes, plus a brushed-aluminum finish etched with a stream design, the dv6 is the first HP Pavilion notebook PC available with an optional touch screen in the United States. Dolby Advanced Audio and Altec Lansing speakers are available on the dv5, dv6 and dv7 Imprint finishes.
* The HP Pavilion dv7 is the ultimate balance of power and performance for entertainment. With an HD display, Altec Lansing speakers, an HP Triple Bass Subwoofer and the option of Beats Audio, the dv7 provides a superb audio and virtual surround sound experience, bringing out the best of every song, TV show or movie. The notebook also comes with Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 and Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 for creating photo and video content.
The HP Pavilion dm4, dv6 and the dv7 with metal finish also come with HP SimplePass, providing consumers enhanced security access to all their passwords with a simple swipe of a finger.
All of these new HP Pavilion notebook PCs include exclusive technology such as HP TrueVision WebCam, which optimizes video for any light setting, and HP QuickWeb, which gives users access to the web without booting up the notebook by simply pushing a button.
HP Mini netbooks
HP also has expanded the HP Mini 210 line with two new designs, preppy pink and white crystal. The pink, plaid-like design on the preppy pink HP Mini 210 features HP Imprint 3-D, the industry?s first 3-D PC surface technology, which debuted on the HP Mini 110 by Studio Tord Boontje. Multiple layers on the top and bottom covers make the design appear to float on the surface while casting shadows onto lower layers. The HP ClickPad also features the preppy pink finish and tiny cupcake Imprint at the bottom of the unit.
The updated HP Mini 110, HP?s entry-level Mini, now offers an integrated six-cell battery that provides up to eight hours of battery life.
Pricing and availability
* The HP ENVY 14 is expected to be available in the United States on June 27 with a starting price of $999.99. The HP ENVY 17 is expected to be available in the United States on May 19 with a starting price of $1,399.99.
* The HP Pavilion dm4, dv5, dv6 and the dv7 Select Edition are expected to be available in the United States on May 19 with starting prices of $729.99, $649.99, $699.99 and $849.99, respectively.
* The HP Mini 210 in preppy pink and white crystal and the Mini 110 are expected to be available in the United States on June 15 with starting prices of $354.99 and $279.99, respectively.
Matching accessories are available for most of these notebook PCs and Mini netbooks. Notebook sleeves, which include an exterior pocket, and notebook mice, which include advanced 2.4 GHz wireless technology for less interference and longer range of operation, start at $29.99.