Dapper Gentlemen today released Wordicus free multi-language, multi-player word game for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. With support for English, French, German, and Spanish, players in different countries can play against each other on the same game board in their native language. Players can level up to earn powerups to use against opponents, and earn achievements to increase player rating. Here is more info:
Wordicus 1.25 is a tribute to classic word-themed games that revolutionizes multi-player gaming. In addition, the Wordicus 1.1 version features a never-before-seen game engine that allows people speaking two different languages to play against each other in their individual native tongue, making for a truly world-wide opponent base.
Here's how Wordicus works:
* Players use a touch-screen interface to draw a line across a grid of letter tiles to form words then watch the word disappear as new blocks drop into their place.
* A player's score is based on the value of the letter tiles used and the special power tiles.
* Players unlock achievements and level up to access special blocks that multiply their score, destroy surrounding blocks and more.
* Players work through the more than 40 levels by completing words and earning points.
* Players can simultaneously play up to 20 games against opponents with an at-your-leisure, turn-based multi-player option or let the game find random opponents from across the globe.
* While waiting for opponents to make their move, players can choose one of two innovative single-player modes: Zen Mode, which allows players to take their time and spell as many words as they can; or Blitz Mode, which sets a time limit for players to try and spell as many words as they can before the timer runs out.
Wordicus free version for iPhone and iPod touch users features only the multi-player option; the paid version for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users, which features both single- and multi-player versions. The paid iPhone and iPod touch version sells for $0.99 and the iPad version is $1.99. You can download the game from the iTunes App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/app/id395403495