Sony Ericsson today announced the Sony Ericsson Vivaz, a smartphone runs on Symbian OS, has an 8.1 megapixel camera, built-in WiFi, GPS and Bluetooth, and a 3.2" touch screen. Sony Ericsson Vivaz will come to market in Q1 2010. More detailed info:
With Sony Ericsson Vivaz communication truly becomes entertainment with high quality HD video allowing consumers to produce and broadcast their best experiences with the latest video capture and sharing features.
* Capture - record spontaneous moments and memories in HD quality and crisp high resolution for a real-life video experience. The dedicated video key allows consumers to shoot video instantly with continuous auto focus for the perfect film every time. * View - review video content in the standby panel or online via Wi-Fi on the 3.2 inch widescreen * Share - upload via Wi-Fi onto YouTube and Picasa in high resolution while still using other features on the handset
The open platform also allows users to personalise their entertainment experience by downloading great applications through PlayNow and the Symbian Developer Community.
Sony Ericsson Vivaz features the new design philosophy ?human curvature?, first introduced with the Xperia X10, which will become a consistent feature of Sony Ericsson?s portfolio going forward. Designed to mirror the shape of the human body, and at the same time delivering a precise and compelling phone interaction, Sony Ericsson Vivaz is instantly recognisable.
Sony Ericsson Vivaz features:
* HD video ? produce and broadcast your best experiences with the latest video capture and sharing features * Social networking ? easy access to social networks such as Facebook and Twitter * 8.1 megapixel camera ? capture life?s moments in high quality * Face and smile detection ? a perfect picture every time * Sony Ericsson Media Player
Sony Ericsson Vivaz supports UMTS HSPA 900/2100 and GSM GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900, UMTS HSPA 850/1900/2100 and EDGE 850/900/1800/1900.
Sony Ericsson Vivaz will be available in selected markets from Q1 in the colours Moon Silver, Cosmic Black, Galaxy Blue and Venus Ruby.
Sony Ericsson Vivaz full specs:
* 8.1 megapixel camera * 4x digital zoom * Auto focus (photos) * Continuous auto focus (video) * Face detection (photos) * Geo tagging * Image stabiliser * Photo light * Send to web * Smile detection * Touch capture * Video light * Video recording (720p HD recording)
* Album art * Bluetooth stereo (A2DP) * Media player * Music player * Music tones (MP3/AAC) * PlayNow * TrackID
* Bookmarks * Google search (from standby) * Web feeds * WebKit web browser
* Speakerphone * Vibrating alert * Video calling (main camera)
* Conversations * Email * Handwriting recognition * Instant messaging * Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync * Picture messaging (MMS) * Predictive text input * Sound recorder * Text messaging (SMS)
* Auto rotate * Picture wallpaper * Symbian OS * Touchscreen
* 3D games * Facebook application * FM radio * Java * Twitter application * Video streaming * Video viewing * YouTube
* 3.5 mm audio jack * Bluetooth technology * DLNA Certified (photos and audio) * Micro USB connector * Modem * PictBridge printing * Synchronisation * TV out (VGA resolution) * USB mass storage * USB support * Wi-Fi
* Facebook ? social networking * Google Maps ? navigation * QuickOffice ? Microsoft? Office viewer Road Sync ? synchronisation * SMS Preview ? messaging app * Twitter ? social networking * YouTube ? video sharing * Water Level ? tool app * Wisepilot ? navigation * World Mate ? clock and weather app * Rally Master Pro * SSX Snowboarding
* Size: 107 x 521.7 x 12.5 mm * Weight: 97 grams * Phone memory: Up to 75 MB * Memory card support: SanDisk microSD, up to 16 GB * Memory card included: 8 GB microSD card * Operating system: Symbian S60 5th edition * Processor: 720MHz * Talk time GSM/GPRS: Up to 13 hrs * Standby time GSM/GPRS: Up to 430 hrs * Talk time UMTS: Up to 5 hrs 20 min * Standby time UMTS: Up to 440 hrs * Video call time: Up to 2 hrs 30 min