As graduates prepare to step out of university halls, Verizon Wireless 3G Smartphones and Android devices - with 38,000 apps in Android Market - help them transition to the real world.
Apps in Android Market give graduates in the Class of 2010 the advantage they need to get a head start on the future.
* Career Starters: LinkUp Inc.?s Job Search Engine delivers job listings directly from company websites to customers? Android smartphones. The app keeps them organized with search history, e-mail job alerts and RSS access to favorite opportunities.
* Apartment Hunters: The market moves fast, so grads will want to stay on top of listings on the go with CraigsNotifica craigslist. Whether they are looking for a new apartment or trying to sell dorm room furniture, this app keeps them up to date on all offers.
* Budget Crunchers: Planning a budget is simple with the app Easy Envelope Budget Aid. Grads can monitor daily, weekly and monthly spending, so they can cover all expenses, including student loans. The Student Loan Calculator is a tool for loan consolidation, providing a summary of monthly payments, including total interest and payments, to keep them on track.
* Networkers: Contacts GroupU allows social graduates to plan post-grad meet ups in an instant. The app, available for $3.99, integrates seamlessly with the device?s built-in phonebook, allowing grads to create groups, so they can send one text or e-mail inviting friends all at once.
Whether using their Verizon Wireless 3G Smartphones to schedule job interviews or stay in touch with college roommates, Verizon Wireless offers graduates a choice of great tools to stay connected.
* Graduates that never want to lose sight of favorite friends can keep their memories clear with DROID Incredible by HTC. The 8 megapixel camera takes great photos that can be quickly retrieved thanks to Qualcomm?s 1 GHz superfast Snapdragon processor. DROID Incredible by HTC is available for $199.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate debit card with a new two-year customer agreement on a voice plan with a data package of $29.99 or higher.
* KIN ONE and KIN TWO offer social networkers KIN Loop, which delivers feeds from leading Microsoft and third-party services, such as Facebook, MySpace and Twitter, automatically to the device?s home screen. KIN ONE is available for $49.99, and KIN TWO is available for $99.99, both after a $100 mail-in rebate debit card with a new two-year customer agreement on a voice plan with a data package of $29.99 or higher.
* For the post-graduation traveler, Palm Pixi Plus comes travel-ready with a built-in 3G Mobile Hotspot. The Palm Pixi Plus is available online at www.verizonwireless.com for no charge (after $29.99 online discount) with a new two-year customer agreement on a voice plan with a data package of $29.99 or higher.