ATT has announced the new Pantech "Ease", a full QWERTY phone that will be compatible with ATT's HSPA 7.2 Mbps technology. The phone has a 3.2" touch screen, a 2 megapixel camera and built-in GPS that works with navigation software. Here is more info on the Pantech Ease:
For experienced mobile phone users, the ins and outs of wireless devices are second nature, but for some, ease-of-use is paramount. AT&T* today announced the Pantech Ease, the first quick messaging phone from AT&T with menus and features designed for users who seek simplicity in their wireless device. With a large and comfortable touchscreen, Ease will be available for new and existing AT&T customers online at www.wireless.att.com and in AT&T stores nationwide June 20.
Ease?s uncluttered design contributes to its straightforward user experience. Ease offers a bright 3.2? full touch screen display, a full keyboard, intuitive menus ? all at an affordable price. And, while it is easy to use, Ease is not just a basic phone. The handset can also be switched from Easy mode to Advanced mode for a more traditional quick messaging user experience with a quick settings change. Customers of all types may enjoy the Easy mode, especially seniors.
Ease takes into account user experience design principles to ensure an easy-to-use experience.
* Streamlined, Targeted Menu ? Navigating the phone?s features is straightforward with the Easy Mode, which minimizes scrolling and highlights the features customers want to access most.
* Large Font ? Ease uses a highly visible large font. Additionally, users can increase or minimize the font of received messages with either touch or physical zoom in or out keys.
* Easy-to-Use Buttons ? Well spaced, backlit buttons on the device respond with a tactile click when pressed, and remain illuminated while in use. Specialized buttons such as the Quick Contact key provide easy access to top 3 contacts and voicemail and the ?Say A Command? key allows a user to make a call, start a text or open an application with their voice.
* Camera ? Activated from the home screen menu or with the dedicated camera key on the side of the phone, the 2-megapixel camera with 7x zoom can quickly switch between picture taking and video recording, allowing users to capture life?s moments as they happen and share them easily with family and friends.
* Specialized Tools ? The Ease comes with a number of specialized apps to make the users? life easier. Users can track their steps and see up to a seven-day history with Pedometer. Readout mode audibly announces callers, text message senders and reads out text message text and Voice Mode allows users to dictate a message instead of typing it.
In Easy Mode, the Ease also boasts quick access to:
* AT&T Mobile Browser ? combines full HTML browsing with unique customization features so customers can easily surf the Internet; view location-aware local news and weather; and read the latest headlines from popular news, sports and entertainment sites.
* AT&T Navigator ? offers turn-by-turn voice and onscreen driving directions, automatic rerouting, real-time traffic monitoring and more. AT&T Navigator is available for $9.99 per month, and new subscribers receive their first 30 days of their subscription for free.
* AT&T Address Book ? syncs contacts to an online address book so customers can access and manage their mobile contacts from their handset ? or their PC. There is no additional charge to use AT&T Address Book.
Ease will be available at AT&T retail stores nationwide and online at www.wireless.att.com on June 20 for $69.99 (Pay $119.99 and after mail-in rebate receive $50 AT&T Promotion Card. Two year service agreement and a minimum $20 messaging or combination of messaging and data plans required.)