I watch Lisa's reviews on YouTube and I am always very impressed with how detailed they are. They are also some of the longest reviews I've seen on YouTube, which is great actually since many many just use their camera phone to show off a product or to unbox it, but never really discuss actual product usage- everything from the design, to the good points, to the bad ones.
This is why I want to request that Lisa do a review of the Toshiba Excite Write and/or Pro. Both tablets are the same spec-wise, but the Write has the digital pen capability. I am considering getting the Write, but there are a few things I want to make sure of, but finding answers is so difficult.
I want to know: 1) How does it write? Can you rest your palm on the screen while writing without accidentally manipulating the screen?
2) What about drawing? Currently I use an app called Sketchbook Pro (which has a free version available too). I'm curious to know if it works well or not, and once again, if resting your palm on the screen while drawing will mess things up.
3) How is movie playback? Quality? Can it play 1080p? What codecs does it support natively?
4) How comfortable is it to hold? I have an Acer A500 currently and it is quite a heavy tablet. It can pretty troublesome to hold, so I'm curious to know if the Write is lighter. (I don't know the weight of my Acer A500 unfortunately).
5) USB OTG... This is extremely import to me. I want to use my 1TB WD My Passport external HDD with the tablet and an OTG cable. I am getting mixed answers about whether or not the tablet will power and read this harddrive or anything else other than Flash Drives. Some people say it will, but I am afraid that they are misunderstanding the question because other people chime in with such comments as, "It will only read FAT32 and ExFAT." Obviously that is nice to know, but it doesn't quite answer my question about POWERING the drive.
So once again, will the tablet read/write from/to the HDD and will it actually power the drive via the microUSB and OTG cable without something like an AC-Powered USB Hub?
6) Performance. I'm not a tablet gamer, so I really could care less about game performance, but I am definitely interested in movie, web, and overall performance.
7) HDMI Output. It has the port, but can it put out well? (This was a bad attempt at a joke/pun... sorry about that).
8) Speakers. How are they? Can you hear them well? I heard that they have good bass... is this true? How are they with movies and voices though? Could I hear Lisa clearly when watching her tech reviews on YouTube?
9) Battery. How long does it last on average?
10) Final one: Just out of curiosity, how much of the 2GB RAM is used by the stock system. I have a suspicion that the stylus hardware requires a good chunk of the RAM, so I am curious to know if it is true or not.
I'd really appreciate a review and await eagerly for some good news. Please let me know if you have any questions for me.
Review Request with specific details: Toshiba Excite Pro/Write