MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
PHONE LAPTOP & TABLET GAMING GADGETS iPHONE & iPAD VIDEOS

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
Markis

Reged: 10/03/05
HP iPAQ hx2490 or ASUS MyPal A716
      #21293 - 10/03/05 07:06 AM

I am looking into getting a PDA in the NEAR nEAR future and can't decide between these 2 PDAs. Really the only reason i want to know which one to get is because the HP has lower benchmarks on some of the graphics and cpu then the ASUS even though the HP CPU is much faster. I know the HP has Windows Mobile 5.0 and some benchmarks are lower but I want to know which one will better for gaming. But, is it a good trade off for Windows Mobile 5.0 and the faster CPU? So can one of the staff of the site tell which one would be better for gaming? Can one of the staff of the site tell me which one would be better for my needs?

Edited by Markis (10/03/05 07:28 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: HP iPAQ hx2490 or ASUS MyPal A716 [Re: Markis]
      #21338 - 10/09/05 11:43 PM

I've used both for gaming and the iPAQ is just fine. It's also more compact and a much newer model, so I'd recommend it.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Markis

Reged: 10/03/05
Re: HP iPAQ hx2490 or ASUS MyPal A716 [Re: LisaG]
      #21381 - 10/13/05 06:46 AM

I just wanted to let you know that I bought the HP a week ago before you replied back I was just in my browser and saw my bookmark for this page =) I was really looking at it and the HP is faster and has Windows Mobile 5.0 on it. I take it everywhere I go, it has replaced my portable Sony MP3/CD player and is always in my pocket. I go to ITT Tech and this thing is great for putting PDF files on and viewing them for school instead of a laptop I would never use since I have a gaming machine at home =) I play Doom and quake on my HP and runs AWESOME!!! I have been able to use every game and program I have put on it besides Pocket AIM which doesn't work with Windows Mobile 5.0, please AOL make a newer version =) and the alternative to that is IM+ which is basically Trillian for a PPC but its 30 bucks =( But if there is anyone out there looking for a PPC for around 400 bucks the HP iPAQ hx2490 is the way to go.

Edited by Markis (10/13/05 06:50 AM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 64 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3299

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage