MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
PHONE LAPTOP & TABLET GAMING GADGETS iPHONE & iPAD VIDEOS

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
drewber

Reged: 10/07/05
Going from CLIE SJ-22 to ??????
      #21317 - 10/07/05 10:10 PM

I have had a Clie PEG SJ22 for several years and am thinking of getting a new PDA. I just found out that Sony has not been offering new models in the US. My main concern is that I use my Clie for scheduling clients (I am a psychotherapist), notes, addresses, etc. I sync with IntelliSync to Yahoo Address/calendar. I want my New PDA to be to gather my current data from either the SJ22 or Yahoo thru sync. Any suggestions for which PDA would make the transfer as painless as possible? How compatable are the Ipaq and Axims with the Clie data. I would also like the new palm to have capability of Word/Excel, but not vital.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
neo979
PDA Addict

Reged: 02/11/05
Re: Going from CLIE SJ-22 to ?????? [Re: drewber]
      #21325 - 10/09/05 02:15 AM

Hmm, I'm confused. You say you are looking at Dell and HP, but then you say you want a Palm...

Anyway, Intellisync is available for both Palm and PocketPC. You'll probably have to buy a newer version that supports whatever device you settle on, but I'm guessing it still supports Yahoo syncing... I don't know for sure.

The PocketPC OS is completely different from the Palm OS, so if you get an HP or Dell, you will have to send the information from Yahoo to the PocketPC... there isn't really a good way to send all your data directly from one OS to the another, although it is possible to beam individual records.

If you get a Palm, it will have basically the same OS as your Clie (but not the same version), and if you have a file on your computer, you may be able to use it with the newer version of Palm Desktop that comes with the new Palm. I'm not sure if syncing with Yahoo leaves any such files on your computer, though - if not, you'll again have to go through Yahoo.

Documents To Go for Palm is superior for reading Microsoft Office documents than Microsoft's own software for Windows Mobile 2003 SE and earlier, even though some MS zealots insist that this is impossible. Windows Mobile 5 is supposed to be greatly improved in this regard, but I don't know enough about that to comment at this time.

drewber

Reged: 10/07/05
Re: Going from CLIE SJ-22 to ?????? [Re: neo979]
      #21391 - 10/13/05 07:26 PM

Thanks for the info. BTW, "palm" is my generic term for a PDA. I guess I should use appropriate language in this forum. Sorry for the confusion.

Any other opinions?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 42 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3103

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage