Sprint Announces the Samsung Instinct s30 Touch-Screen Phone
04/01/09 01:49 AM
Sprint and Samsung today announced the upcoming availability of Samsung Instinct s30, a successor to the Samsung Instinct touch-screen phone that made its debut last summer exclusively from Sprint. Instinct s30 offers full touch screen functionality and the broadband speeds of Sprint 3G network. Here is more detailed info on the Samsung Instinct s30:
Instinct s30 has a built-in instant messaging, an improved Web-browsing experience through both the default browser and Opera Mini 4.2 as well as the popular games "Guitar Hero - World Tour" and ?Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? preloaded to keep consumers connected and entertained while on-the-go. Instinct s30 offers a thinner streamlined design for a smoother feel in the user?s hand with two color options ? Cobalt Metal or Touch of Copper.
Instinct s30 is ideal for customers looking to simplify and increase the productivity of their business and personal lives with quick access to corporate calendar functionality via Microsoft Outlook. Sprint Mobile Email Work provides access to corporate email, contacts and calendar from Microsoft Exchange Server 2000, 2003 or 2007 accounts, or IBM Lotus Domino accounts at no additional charge.
Like its predecessor, Instinct s30 has the following features:
* Expansive touch-screen featuring localized haptic feedback giving users a gentle vibration as they use the virtual QWERTY keypad
* Live Search for Sprint, powered by Microsoft, provides easy access to directory information on-the-go, GPS-enabled directions, interactive maps and one-touch click to call access
* Visual Voicemail, allowing users to listen to messages in their order of preference and manage them with a simple tap of the screen
* Sprint TV, with an extensive selection of channels and on-demand programming
* Sprint Music Store, allowing users to browse and wirelessly download full-length songs directly to their phone for just 99 cents each
* Advanced stereo Bluetooth 2.0
* SMS voice and text messaging with threaded text
* True HTML Web experience from both the enhanced embedded browser and the addition of Opera Mini 4.2 with a desktop-like browsing experience
* 2.0 megapixel camera with camcorder
? Dimensions: 2.1 x 4.6 x 0.5 inches; 3.9 ounces
? Display: 3.2? TFT (240 x 432 pixels and 262K vibrant colors)
? Standard Lithium (LiIon) battery: up to 4.6 hours continuous talk time
Instinct s30 offers a Speech to Action button, which provides many functions using voice activation including call, text, picture messaging, traffic, movie, sports, news and search. Speech to Action brings the user seamless integration with Sprint Navigation, powered by Telenav, with GPS-enabled audio and visual turn-by-turn driving directions, one-click traffic rerouting and more than 10 million local listings.
Instinct S30 will also be more ?open? than its predecessor, with access to core Java APIs (application programming interface), including messaging, multimedia and Bluetooth, which allow developers to take advantage of the phone?s features. By providing this open access, Sprint is providing what developers have been seeking and making it possible for them to create more sophisticated and innovative new applications for customers to use on the Instinct family of phones.
Developers will have open access to the following Java APIs when creating applications on Instinct s30:
* Multimedia: recording audio, playing media files such as MP3 songs, streaming content and using the camera to take pictures
* Messaging: sending and receiving messages
* Bluetooth: establishing connectivity to send/receive data with peripherals
* Contacts/Calendar: reading and writing to contacts/address book, and reading and writing to events
* File Access: reading and writing to the internal file access on the handset
Sprint plans to extend access to these Java APIs to the Instinct s30?s predecessor, Instinct, within the next few months through an over-the-air software update. The Java APIs will then be available on all future Java-enabled Sprint phones.
Beginning on April 19, customers will be able to purchase Instinct s30 through Sprint retail stores, Web (www.sprint.com) and telesales (1-800-SPRINT1) for $129.99 at launch with a two-year agreement, $70 instant savings and $100 mail-in rebate. Pre-registration is now available at www.sprint.com/SamsungInstinctS30
To read our latest phone reviews please visit:
Palm Treo Pro for Sprint
LG Versa for Verizon
Samsung Memoir for T-Mobile
Pantech Matrix Pro C820
T-Mobile Shaddow 2 Windows Mobile Smartphone
BlackBerry Curve 8900 Smartphones
Nokia 7510 for T-Mobile
Nokia N96, N85 and N79 Smartphones
More News. . .
0 registered and 1715 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
Moderator: Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 6072
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5